South32 HMM Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH32
South32 is a mining and metals company with operations in South Africa, Australia, the United States, Mozambique and Colombia. The company produces a range of products, such as aluminium, alumina, nickel, silver, lead, zinc, manganese, metallurgical coal and thermal coal.
South32 is headquartered in Perth, Australia and is listed on both the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and Johannesburg and London Stock Exchange (JSE).
The Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM) consortium in South Africa is made up of 2 mines – the open-cut Mamatwan mine and the underground Wessels mine.
ABOUT THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
South32 HMM is inviting students from the John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area (including Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality, Gamagara Local Municipality and Joe Morolong Local Municipality), in the Northern Cape, to apply for the Community Bursary. The bursary is open to students pursuing Diploma or Degree studies in ANY field (in any year).
The South32 HMM is being administered by CareerWise.
MORE ABOUT THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, accommodation, meals and a book allowance.
Bursary recipients may be offered the opportunity to partake in vacation work if it is necessary for the completion of the qualification, however, this is not guaranteed.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 June 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area, in the Northern Cape
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Diploma or Degree qualification in ANY field
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- You must have a good academic record and pass your studies
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/
Please use the following as the promo code/ reference: South32COMM21
Alternatively, physical applications may be delivered to Tushiya Business Hub (El Dorado Hotel – Kuruman).
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence in the JTG District (copy of the municipal account or letter from a Council member or Chief)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY
4 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CareerWise directly:
Tel: 086 100 7787 / 011 258 4464