South32 HMM Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH32
South32 HMM Bursary South Africa | South32 is a mining and metals company with operations in South Africa, Australia, the United States, Mozambique and Colombia. The company produces a range of products, such as aluminium, alumina, nickel, silver, lead, zinc, manganese, metallurgical coal and thermal coal.
South32 is headquartered in Perth, Australia and is listed on both the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and Johannesburg and London Stock Exchange (JSE).
The Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM) consortium in South Africa is made up of 2 mines – the open-cut Mamatwan mine and the underground Wessels mine.
ABOUT THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
South32 is inviting students to apply for the South32 HMM (Hotazel Manganese Mines) Bursary, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the John Taolo Gaetsewe (JTG) District Municipal area (including Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality, Gamagara Local Municipality and Joe Morolong Local Municipality) and children of HMM employees, for studies within mining-related disciplines, including:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Human Resources
MORE ABOUT THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
South32 is committed to encouraging skill development within the areas in which it operates, thus the bursary was formed. The South32 HMM is administered by Career Wise.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a panel interview, as well as psychometric and medical assessments before the final selection is made.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the South32 HMM Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the John Taolo Gaetsewe District Municipal area, in the Northern Cape or be a child or an HMM employee
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the mining-related fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a good academic record and pass your studies
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; South32 HMM Bursary Application 2023
Please use the following promotional code when applying/ tracking your application: HMM2023
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the South32 HMM Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence in the JTG District (copy of the municipal account or letter from a Council member or Chief)
- Proof of parent HMM employment, if applicable
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOUTH32 HMM BURSARY
28 November 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 258 4464
Or fill in the contact form for CareerWise to get back to you: https://careerwise.co.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.