South African Reserve Bank Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SARB
South African Reserve Bank Scholarship South Africa | The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is the central bank of South Africa. The Bank is responsible for protecting the value of the currency, ensuring the South African economy remains balanced, and sustainable and promoting growth. The Bank also issues and destroys currency (including coins and banknotes); manages the country’s official gold and foreign reserves; manages the national payments system; regulates and supervises financial institutions; acts as a banker to the government; acts as a lender in exceptional cases to provide liquidity assistance and administering the country’s remaining exchange rate control systems.
ABOUT THE SARB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | SELECTION
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is inviting students to apply for their Art Scholarship, for the 2023 academic year..
Full-funded scholarships will be awarded to Fine Arts students, for studies towards the following qualifications:
- 1-year Advanced Diploma in Fine Arts (after completing a 3-year diploma in Fine Arts)
- 4 year Undergraduate Degree in Fine Arts (final year)
- Honours Degree in Fine Arts (after completing a 3-year undergraduate degree in Fine Arts)
- Masters’ Degree in Fine Arts
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SARB Art Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SARB SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be registered to study towards one of the Fine Art qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SARB SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the SARB Art Scholarship Application Form 2022 (.docx)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SARB Art Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- 2023 academic year. academic transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Images of 6 to 8 pieces of artwork you produced in 2022
- Artist statement, about the following: yourself, your art, why you should be awarded the scholarship and why you need financial support (maximum 300 words)
Note: all documents, including the application form, must be submitted in PDF format.
Applications must be submitted via email to: SARB-ART@resbank.co.za
(Insert the words “SARB Art Scholarship 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SARB SCHOLARSHIP
27 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the South African Reserve Bank directly:
Contact person: Mpho Mtimkulu
Tel: 012 313 3526
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.