South African Reserve Bank Bursary 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SARB
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is South Africa’s central bank, whose main purpose is to maintain price stability for sustainable economic growth within the country. SARB was established in the year 1921 after the passing of the “Currency and Bank Act of 10 August 1920” in Parliament. Before the Bank was established, South African commercial banks issued banknotes to the public.
The SARB are responsible for the following: ensuring that the banking, money and financial system in South Africa achieves the community requirements and keeps up to date with international developments, as well as helping the government (and other economic community members) of South Africa with data for macroeconomic policy, and lastly to provide the South African community and international stakeholders with feedback regarding the countries monetary policy and economic standing.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded within Commerce related fields of study, particularly the following:
- Business Science
- Actuarial Science
The bursary will cover study related expenses up to a maximum of R95 000 per annum.
Students will be able to take part in vacation work (based on availability within the company).
On completion of their qualification, students will be required to work at SARB within the Graduate Development Program, for the period of time equal to their bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 30 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your current year of study
- Accounting degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SARB Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results (if currently in Matric) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric) (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a recognised tertiary institution
- Motivational essay (approximately 250 words)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Mr John Legoete
P.O. Box 30632
30 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org