Tourvest Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TOURVEST
The Tourvest group was founded in 1997 when various long-established tourism companies incorporated to create Southern Africa’s top tourism group. Today, the JSE listed group operate various businesses, including a foreign exchange bureaux, souvenir shops, travel management companies, restaurants, lodges and hotels.
The South African based group operates across Africa, as well as in the United Kingdom, the Caribbean, Spain and India. With over 5000 employees, the group also has clients, associates and principals across the globe.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Tourvest are awarding bursaries to dependants of a Tourvest employees who are studying towards a National Diploma/ Degree qualification, within fields of study that are beneficial to Tourvest, including:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Computer Science
- Human Resources
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, accommodation in tertiary hostel or stipend for private residence, meals, and an allowance of R10 000 per annum for other living expenses and study materials.
Once students have completed their studies, they will be required to take up employment with Tourvest for the equal duration of their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Dependants of a Tourvest employee (this includes children, adopted children, siblings or anyone living with a Tourvest employee who is emotionally and financially dependent on the Tourvest employee)
- Residing in one of the following countries where Tourvest operates: South Africa/ Botswana/ Namibia/ Zimbabwe/ Tanzania/ Kenya/ Zambia/ Uganda
- Tourvest employee must earn a maximum of R50 000/ month CTC (or the equivalent if residing outside of South Africa)
- Excellent academic record
- Achieved a minimum overall average of: 65% for Matric OR 60% at tertiary level
- Studying or intend on studying within on of the aforementioned fields of study
- Study at a public tertiary institution in their resident country
- NOT currently receiving funding from any other bursary schemes
- Intend on following a career within the Hospitality/ Tourism industry
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Tourvest Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ passport (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level
- Latest academic results, if not currently studying
- Proof of provisional admission/ acceptance (on tertiary institution letterhead)
- Tourvest employee’s payslip
- Motivational letter explaining how your chosen field of study will benefit Tourvest
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Tourvest Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 September 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Contact Person: Dr HM Hofmeyr (National Director)
Physical Address: 10B Clamart Road, Richmond, Johannesburg, 2092
Postal Address: Private Bag X16, Braamfontein 2017
Please note: application outcomes will be communicated by 31 December 2018 at the latest. Only enquire as to the outcome of your application after 15 January 2019.