South African Nursery Association Bursary 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANA
South African Nursery Association Bursary 2024 – 2025, The South African Nursery Association (SANA) was established in the year 1947 as a non-profit organisation. The main aim of the SANA is to represent the interests of the green/ nursery industry. SANA now also represents the following related associations: ABSTA (Allied, Bulb | Seed Trade Association), GCA (Garden Centre Association), and the BPGA (Bedding Plant Growers Association).
Some of the company’s key objectives include: portraying a professional image of the country’s Horticultural industry; creating a national communication channel with other Nursery businesses; keeping in contact with Government departments concerning issues related to the industry and environmental matters.
ABOUT THE SANA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Nursery Association (SANA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards Horticulture and Landscaping qualifications – mainly undergraduate studies, although postgraduate (PhD, Masters and BTech students) may receive funding on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the South African Nursery Association Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SANA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will only provide cover for tuition fees and is awarded for the current academic year of study. Funding is paid directly to the institution.
Please note that the bursary does NOT cover the following: outstanding fees, registration fees, accommodation and any other fees (practical training, travel, allowances, prescribed books etc).
Bursary recipients will also be required to become SANA members (free of charge), which will have the following benefits:
- Regular communication via electronic newsletters – this covers matters relating to the industry, important dates and more
- Digital copy of the annual SANA Magazine
- Invitation as a visitor, to the fast-growing SANA TRADE FAIRS, allowing members the chance to view how the nursery industry operates – this takes place twice a year in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal
- Membership is valid for 1 year – student members are required to reapply each year
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted and invited to attend an interview with a SANA representative in their area, which will take place in April 2022.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a Horticulture or Landscaping qualification
- You must have completed all modules of the 1st academic year of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for each subject
- You must be a member of SANA or must apply to be a member of SANA (this is free of charge – the application form is below)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANA BURSARY
Download and complete the South African Nursery Association Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph of yourself (selfie/ portrait photograph/ student card photo)
- Full academic results record, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Tertiary institution’s banking details (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- A completed SANA Student Membership Application Form 2022 (.doc)
- Motivational letter (details can be found on the application form) (minimum 150 words)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SANA Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
– Fax: 086 580 9793
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANA BURSARY
31 March 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the South African Nursery Association (SANA) directly:
Contact Person: Wendy Appel (Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 082 780 7628
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.