Golden Arrow Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GOLDEN ARROW
Golden Arrow Bus Services (Pty) Ltd was formed in 1861 as a major public transport bus service operator within the city of Cape Town, commuting passengers throughout the Metropolitan Cape Peninsula and Cape Flats.
Owned by Hosken Consolidated Investments Limited, a South African holding company, GABS currently operates more than 1000 buses on over 1300 routes.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Golden Arrow Bus Services bursary will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Transport Economics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
The bursary will provide coverage for the following study expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and an allowance for textbooks.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursary holders will be required to work for Golden Arrow Bus Services once they have graduated – one year of work for each year of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or plan to study full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate only)
- Studying or plan to study at a recognised tertiary instiution within South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Golden Arrow Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or acceptance into a tertiary institution
- Short Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Golden Arrow Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
20 January 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Golden Arrow Bus Services directly: