South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) Scholarship South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – SAAB
South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) Scholarship South Africa 2024 | The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
SAAB represents various academic botanical disciplines, with members in universities, academic institutions and research institutions across the country .
ABOUT THE SAAB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & VALUE
The South African Association of Botanists is inviting students to apply for the SAAB Scholarship, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Postgraduate botanically-related science studies (Honours/ 4th year/ MSc).
MORE ABOUT THE SAAB SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded to the following values:
- 3 bursaries will be awarded for Honours or 4th year level of study, for 1 year of study, to the value of R12 000 each. Candidates will also receive a 1 year complimentary SAAB membership.
- 3 bursaries will be awarded for MSc studies, to the value of R40 000 each – recipients will receive R20 000 the first year and R20 000 the following year, if first year results are satisfactory. Candidates will also receive a 2 year complimentary SAAB membership.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SAAB Scholarship.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the middle of March 2024 (for Masters studies) and by the middle of April 2024 Honours Masters studies) – should you not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAAB SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a resident in one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros)
- You must be studying towards a botanically related science qualification
- You must have graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: you must have graduated with a BSc Honours degree with a minimum overall average of 70% and you must be in your first year of MSc study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAAB SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at: SAAB Scholarship Application Form 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SAAB Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full academic transcripts, if available (certified copies) (if academic transcripts are not yet available, please submit your marks and a letter from your course coordinator, on the institutions letterhead, confirming your marks. Successful candidates will be required to submit their final academic transcripts before the bursary payment is made)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 references)
- Motivational letter written by yourself with a description of your proposed research interests
- Motivational letter (from your supervisor)
Note: documents must be submitted in PDF format.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAAB SCHOLARSHIP
Masters students: 28 February 2024.
Honours students: 31 March 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the SAAS directly:
For application queries, email: email@example.com
For academic enquiries, contact Prof Adeyemi Aremu via email: Oladapo.Aremu@nwu.ac.za
View our other bursaries open for application here