SOLA Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
SOLA Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOLA
SOLA is a solar installation company, located in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. The company is a provider of renewable energy solutions, operating throughout the African continent since 2008.
The company specialises in financing, designing and constructing large-scale solar systems and renewable energy facilities. With over 13 years of experience, SOLA has been involved in some of the largest renewable energy projects in South Africa.
ABOUT THE SOLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
SOLA is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students entering their final year of study towards an Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc) qualification.
The SOLA bursary aims to encourage solar PV expertise amongst electrical engineers in South Africa.
https://zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SOLA Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SOLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | OTHER BENEFITS
Bursary recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Funding to cover tuition fees, up to the value of R75 000
- The chance to partake in paid vacation work (with a stipend to cover the cost of travelling to and from the office)
- Practical on-the-job training, assisting with solar PV designs and solar feasibility studies
- Mentorship from an experienced Engineer, to guide you in becoming a skilled Engineer
- Opportunities to gain knowledge and insight into the full value chain of South Africa’s solar PV industry
- The chance to gain exposure and network opportunities from a trusted solar PV company
- After graduation, the offer of employment as a Graduate Engineer, on a fixed-term basis
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must be studying towards a BEng or BSc Electrical Engineering degree
- You must be entering your final year of undergraduate study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in Cape Town
- You must have completed an assignment or project in solar PV (in your academic or personal capacity)
- You must be willing and able to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
Applicants must complete the SOLA Bursary Screening Questionnaire
The questionnaire will collect applicants’ information and determine whether students qualify to apply for the bursary. Further information and documents may be requested from shortlisted candidates.
Enter “https://zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SOLA bursary.
Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full academic record/ transcripts to date (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
10 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SOLA directly:
Contact person: Nicole Jooste
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.