Siyandisa Scholarship South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – SIYANDISA TRUST
Siyandisa Scholarship South Africa 2024 | The Siyandisa Foundation, (a non-profit trust) was founded by the Siyandisa Trust. This non-profit and public benefit organization established and currently manages the Siyandisa Foundation Scholarship Programme. The scholarship programme focuses on growing excellence by identifying and investing in future entrepreneurs, leaders, owners, academics and managers.
The programme aims to help predominantly black and female Grade 12 students who demonstrate academic excellence, but may not have the means to pursue their goals. With the scholarship programme, Siyandisa invests in these students by providing training, technology, mentorship, internship, counselling, bursaries and employment opportunities.
ABOUT THE SIYANDISA TRUST SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Siyandisa Foundation is inviting students to apply for their scholarship programme for the 2024 academic year.
This programme is targeted at Grade 12 learners across the country, and hopes to aid them in growing and achieving academic excellence.
The award will provide a unique offering to the students, equipping them with the necessary funding, support, resources and guidance needed for tertiary level academic success.
MORE ABOUT THE SIYANDISA TRUST SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – OFFERING
What the Siyandisa Scholarship programme offers:
- Scholarship pack: Students will receive a tablet device (with its own protective cover), as well as a backpack, Vodacom data package (for the use of the scholarship) and various communication tools for video chats, webinars and calls.
- Learning resources: Students will receive more than 50 hours of professional, custom-developed video lectures in various Grade 12 subjects, support webinars, as well as assistance with any queries and difficulties they may have.
- Tutorship: Students will receive adequate preparation and application support for university.
- Programme support: Students will have direct access to a dedicated programme coordinator team that will assist them with coordination, general administration and support. All of the student’s communication, activities and engagement relating to the programme will be centrally managed by this team.
- Graduate funding support: During their pre-graduate studies, students are eligible to apply for bridging funding support for expenses such as accommodation, books, registration fees, travel, and more. (This graduate support is made possible by the Siyandisa Foundation Support Fund. Please note that funding is provided on an application basis, subject to various T&C’s and availability of funds.)
- Executive development: Students who perform well academically and show progression with the aid of the programme will qualify for consideration for academic funding and mentorship, bursaries, vacation work, and internship opportunities with Siyandisa’s partners. They may also qualify for potential employment opportunities. (These employment opportunities are made possible by the Execudev arm of the Scholarship Programme. Please note these opportunities are available on an application basis, subject to various T&C’s and the availability of funds and partners.)
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Siyandisa Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIYANDISA TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be entering Matric (Grade 12) in 2024
- You must have obtained a minimum overall average of 80% in Grade 11
- You must be enrolled in a quintile 1-3 school (quintile 1 will be the schools that are most in need (i.e. the poorest), with quintile 5 being the ones that need financial aid the least (i.e. least poor) – read more about quintile schools here)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIYANDISA TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
Students who meet the above criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document/ birth certificate
- Grade 11 final report
- Your contact number and email address
- Parents or guardians ID documents
- Parents or guardians contact number
- School principals name, surname and contact number
- Name of the province in which you reside
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Siyandisa Scholarship Application 2024” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIYANDISA TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
to be confirmed.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Siyandisa Trust directly:
Tel: 051 492 0300
Please do NOT contact the Siyandisa Trust if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
View our other bursaries open for application here