Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SBPM
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine Bursary South Africa | Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine (Pty) Ltd (SBPM) (Union Mine), previously known as RPM Union Section, is a Platinum Producing Mine located in Swartklip, Limpopo, South Africa. The Mine has been in production for over 40 years and was acquired from Anglo American Platinum by Siyanda Resources and the Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela Joint Venture
Apart from Platinum, SBPM also produces Palladium, Rhodium, Gold and Chrome as by-products.
ABOUT THE SBPM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine (SBPM) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies in these fields:
- Information Technology
- Management Accounting
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Rock Engineering
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine (SBPM) Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SBPM BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed learning material and equipment, textbooks, accommodation and a monthly allowance.
Bursary recipients will also gain relevant workplace exposure through vacation work at SBPM.
Bursary recipients will have the following responsibilities during their studies:
- Abide by SBPM’s terms and conditions of the student bursary agreement and fixed-term employment contract
- Maintain consistently high academic results
- Maintain consistently high on-the-job performance
- Pass a minimum of 60% average of all subjects or modules, to qualify for continuation of bursary funding for the following academic year semester
- Be responsible for their learning
- Complete assigned projects on time
- Initiate on-the-job development discussions
- Seek feedback from supervisor or coach
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SBPM BURSARY PROGRAMME
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above (undergraduate 1st, 2nd or 3rd year)
- You must be studying or accepted or registered to study at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric, 1st year, 2nd year or 3rd year
- You must be in financial need
- Preference will be given to students residing near or around Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine and students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SBPM BURSARY
The application must be submitted online at:
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Information Technology
(Reference No: 3472)
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Management Accounting
(Reference No: 3498)
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Mechanical Engineering
(Reference No: 3484)
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Metallurgical
(Reference No: 3492)
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Mine Survey
(Reference No: 3482)
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Mining
(Reference No: 3480)
SBPM Bursary Application 2022: Rock Engineering
(Reference No: 3475)
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record, if currently studying (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of university registration or acceptance (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SBPM BURSARY
15 June 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine directly:
Contact person: Naomi Herbst
Tel: 014 786 1236
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.