Bergrivier Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY
Bergrivier Municipality Bursary South Africa | The Bergrivier Municipality is based in the Western Cape province of South Africa and is located within the West Coast District Municipality. It is a local municipality that governs the towns of Velddrif, Piketberg, Porterville and surrounding rural areas and villages.
The Bergrivier Municipality stretches over an area of more than 4400 square km, from the Groot Winterhoek Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. It is bordered by
the Witzenberg Municipality, the Cederberg Municipality, the Swartland Municipality, the Saldanha Bay Municipality and the Drakenstein Municipality.
ABOUT THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Bergrivier Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Bergrivier Municipal Area, for studies in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Management
- Internal Audit
- Municipal Finance
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
MORE ABOUT THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & PAYMENT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees and tuition fees.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary.
Bursary funding will be paid directly to the institution where the recipient is studying.
Selected candidates will be required to sign a bursary agreement with the Bergrivier Municipality.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently reside within the Bergrivier Municipal area
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a degree or diploma within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have passed the previous year’s studies, if currently studying
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged groups and/or students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms may be collected from the Human Resource Services Department in Piketberg.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results or Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at the tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees for the year (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
- Declaration confirming that you are NOT already receiving a full bursary and declaring all other assistance from another institution
- Proof of disability, if applicable (medical doctors note)
Applications must be hand delivered to either of the following municipal offices and must be marked “Application for Bursary Opportunity 2022”, for the attention of Mr D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development):
- Aurora: Main Street, Aurora, 7325, Western Cape (Tel: 022 952 1720)
- Eendekuil: Hoof Street, Eendekuil, 7335, Western Cape (Tel: 022 942 1780)
- Piketberg: Kerkstraat 13, Piketberg, 7320, Western Cape (Tel: 022 913 6000)
- Porterville: Mark Street, Porterville, 6810, Western Cape (Tel: 022 931 2100)
- Redelinghuys: Voortrekker Street, Redelinghuys, 8105, Western Cape (Tel: 022 962 1605)
- Velddrif: Voortrekker Street, Velddrif, 7365, Western Cape (Tel: 022 783 1112)
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
10 February 2022 (at 12:00) (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Bergrivier Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development)
Tel: 022 913 6055
Please do NOT contact the Bergrivier Municipality if this bursary has already closed.
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.