Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SCHAUENBURG EDUCATION TRUST
Schauenburg (Pty) Ltd (known as “Schauenburg Systems”) manufacturer equipment for mine safety, including innovative electronic products with the use of cutting edge technology. The company produce turnkey communication solutions and systems.
The Schauenburg Education Trust was formed as a way to take part in the socio-economic transformation of the country, by providing financial assistance (in the form of educational bursaries) to young black students and enabling them to further their tertiary studies in the Electronics, Engineering and Economics sector.
ABOUT THE SCHAUENBURG EDUCATION TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Electronic Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Business Administration
- Business Management
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses (either partial or full cover): registration fees, tuition and examination fees. Students will also receive an allowance for prescribed textbooks, course materials, meals, accommodation and a living allowance.
MORE ABOUT THE SCHAUENBURG EDUCATION TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION PROCESS
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in vacation work during holidays or job shadow at Schauenburg Systems.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview with the Trustees and Bursary Administrators, as well as undergo psychometric testing.
Successful candidates will be required to sign a written contract. Should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHAUENBURG EDUCATION TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must study full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study (funding will be granted from 2nd year of study and onward)
- You must be studying at an accredited university in South Africa (NOT a college or university of technology)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have passed all previous university courses
- You must be Black (per the BEE legislation)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding for the 2022 academic year
- Preference will be given to black female students, black students under the age of 35, as well as black disabled students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHAUENBURG EDUCATION TRUST BURSARY
Students who meet all the eligibility criteria can request an application form by emailing Sive Nyangane at: email@example.com
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of university registration for the 2022 academic year
- Motivational letter, supporting your application and explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SCHAUENBURG EDUCATION TRUST BURSARY
30 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Schauenburg Education Trust directly:
Tel: 011 974 0006 / 010 590 1571