Sasha Laurel Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SASHA LAUREL & REGENESYS FOUNDATION
Sasha Laurel Bursary South Africa | Sasha-Lee Laurel Olivier was crowned Miss South Africa 2019, a national beauty pageant that selects women from South Africa to represent the country and compete in the Miss World and Miss Universe beauty pageants. The 28-year-old marketing and psychology student from Johannesburg, South Africa, is committed to helping the youth of the country via her various campaigns.
In June 2021, Sasha-Lee partnered with the Regenesys Foundation to provide bursary funding for disadvantaged youth in South Africa, who could not afford high tuition fees.
Regenesys Business School, located in Johannesburg, is a private business school that focuses on providing accredited programs in business management and public management.
ABOUT THE SASHA LAUREL BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sasha Laurel, in partnership with Dr. Marko Saravanja (Chairman of the Regenesys Group), is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
1000 students will be selected to receive bursary funding, to the total value of R1 Billion, for studies at Regenesys Business School. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards the following internationally-recognized qualifications, in Accounting, Business, and Public Management:
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Project Management
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Certificate Programme in Municipal Finance
- Higher Certificate in Public Management
- Bachelor of Accounting Science (BCompt)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Higher Certificate in Business Management
- Higher Certificate in Business Management – Retail Management
- Higher Certificate in Business Management – Banking
- Bachelor of Business Administration (with online tutorial support)
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Retail Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Banking
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (with online tutorial support)
- Master of Business Administration
MORE ABOUT THE SASHA LAUREL BURSARY PROGRAMME
Applicants can read about the programs offered by Regenesys Business School here.
The first 1000 candidates that apply (and meet the criteria), will be awarded the bursary. Bursary recipients will be required to pay R500 per month towards their studies, until the completion of their qualification – the rest of the study fees will be covered by the bursary.
There are no registration fees, no textbook fees, and no ITC check fees applicable. Students will have the opportunity to work and study at the same time.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SASHA LAUREL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed an NQF level 4 qualification or completed Matric with a Bachelors pass or Certificate pass
- You must be over the age of 23 years old, have completed Grade 11, and completed other short courses
- You must be earning a minimum salary of R3 000 per month or have a sponsor with a minimum salary of R3 000 per month, who will stand surety for you
- You must be interested in studying towards an Accounting, Business or Public Management qualification at Regenesys Business School
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SASHA LAUREL BURSARY
Candidates must follow these steps to apply:
1) Download the Sasha Laurel Bursary Application Pack by filling in your email address, first name, last name, phone number, and program of interest.
2) Print out the relevant pages of the application pack: Contract, Application Form (yellow), Admission to Regenesys Form (green), and Student Declaration (white), and complete the application form in the relevant sections.
3) Fill in the following sections manually: Contract, Ed4All Application Form, Admission Form to Regenesys, and Student Declaration Form.
4) Scan clear copies of the following supporting documentation along (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document or Passport (certified copy)
- Surety ID Document, if applicable (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate or Highest qualification (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Completed Ed4All Application Form
- Completed Regenesys Business School admission form
- Completed and signed Contract (with your initials on each page)
- Completed and signed Student Declaration
- Proof of income:
- Latest payslip and 3 months bank statements, if you are employed
- 6 months bank statements, if you are self-employed
- Sponsor’s latest payslip and 3 months bank statements, if you have a sponsor who is employed
- Sponsor’s 6 months bank statements, if you have a sponsor who is self-employed
5) Submit your completed application form and supporting documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert “Your Full Name – Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Note: applications received online will NOT be accepted – applications must only be submitted via email.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SASHA LAUREL BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Sasha Laurel directly:
Tel: 011 689 5000
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.