SANZAF Zakah Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANZAF
SANZAF Zakah Bursary South Africa | The South African National Zakáh Fund (SANZAF) is a faith-based, educational and socio-welfare organization that collects and distributes Zakáh and Sadaqát to help the Muslim community. SANZAF has been helping poor and needy families for over 43 years, assisting in the empowerment and upliftment of the community.
The Shariah has located 8 categories of Zakah recipients, including the needy; the poor; those in debt; the reverts; the wayfarer; those in bondage; the Zakah administrators, and those striving in the path of Allah.
ABOUT THE SANZAF ZAKAH BURSARY PROGRAMME
The South African National Zakáh Fund (SANZAF) is inviting students to apply for the SANZAF Zakah Bursary, for the 2023 academic year..
Each year, the organization provides funding to students all over South Africa, who are in financial need and are unable to pay for their tertiary studies. The bursary will cover ALL fields of study.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SANZAF Zakah Bursary.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE SANZAF ZAKAH BURSARY
- The Bursary Committee will assess each application received and shortlist potential candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – the date, time and venue will be advised via email.
- Candidates who do not attend the interview or submit the required documents will be disqualified.
- Candidates will be given feedback on their application by their regional office.
- Selected candidates will receive a Confirmation of Pledge letter.
- Bursary payments will be made into the institution’s account.
- Candidates will be required to pay their own registration fees.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANZAF ZAKAH BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a foreign national with a study permit
- You must reside in the province in which you are applying
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have applied for NSFAS before applying for this bursary (apply for NSFAS funding here)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized University, University of Technology, or Technikon in South Africa
- You must meet the requirements of the SANZAF
- You must fall into one of these 3 categories:
- currently in Matric
- currently studying at a tertiary institution and sponsored by a family member or yourself last year
- currently studying at a tertiary institution and sponsored by SANZAF last year
- You must fall into one of these 3 categories:
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANZAF ZAKAH BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
- Durban students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- Western Cape students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- Gqeberha / Port Elizabeth students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- Gauteng students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- East London students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- Ladysmith students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- Pietermaritzburg students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
- Kimberley students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SANZAF Zakah bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
Matric students must submit these documents:
- ID document or study permit if a foreign national (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results (certified copy)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary
- Testimonial from your school
- Proof of income: parents/ guardians/spouse’s latest payslips OR affidavit if unemployed OR death certificate if deceased
Tertiary students NOT previously sponsored by SANZAF must submit these documents:
- ID document OR study permit if a foreign national (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Testimonial from your University, Imaam or Religious leader
- Proof of income from parents, guardians, spouse or your own (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
Tertiary students currently sponsored by SANZAF must submit these documents:
- Matric final results/ certificate
- 2022 mid-year tertiary results (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATES FOR THE SANZAF ZAKAH BURSARY
Durban: 15 October 2022
Gqeberha / Port Elizabeth: 30 November 2022
Western Cape: 31 December 2022
Gauteng: 10 January 2023
East London: 15 January 2023
Ladysmith: 25 January 2023
Pietermaritzburg: 31 January 2023
Kimberley: 30 January 2023
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact your nearest SANZAF branch directly:
- Durban (Contact person: Razia Hamid, email: Ariff.email@example.com, tel: 031 309 6786)
- Western Cape (Contact person: Faeza Govind, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 021 447 0297)
- Gqeberha / Port Elizabeth (Contact person: Hazra Karriem, email: email@example.com, tel: 083 388 4945)
- Gauteng (Contact person: Saadiqah Letsoara, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 011 834 6046)
- East London (Contact person: Dr Shamiega Chaudhari, email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 041 457 1459)
- Ladysmith (Contact person: Mahommed Dadabhay, email: email@example.com, tel: 036 633 2792)
- Pietermaritzburg (Contact person: Maseera Amin, email: Maseera.Amin@sanzaf.org.za, tel: 033 397 9133)
- Kimberley (no contact info available)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.