PPS Foundation Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPS FOUNDATION
PPS Foundation Bursary South Africa | The PPS Foundation was formed in 2016, with the main goal of improving access to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields and nurturing the talent of youth in South Africa. Since the foundation was formed, over 105 students have received funding for their tertiary studies.
The PPS Foundation was formed by PPS, an authorized financial services provider, who provides customized investment, healthcare and insurance solutions for graduate professionals. PPS is the only company in South Africa that is a mutual financial service solely for graduate professionals.
ABOUT THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The PPS Foundation is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for degree studies within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields, which are scarce and critical sectors in the country. Bursaries are also available for studies within the Humanities field.
ABOUT THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OBLIGATIONS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, meals and accommodation at the university residence. Students will also receive access to other resources, to reduce the challenges of the learning and teaching experience.
Bursary recipients in the 1st year of study will be required to attend on-campus contact support sessions, facilitated by the PPS Foundation, at certain times throughout the year.
Bursary recipients are required to submit their statement of results at the end of each semester, as soon as they are received, in order to continue receiving funding.
Candidates can also read about previous PPS bursary recipients, their experiences with the PPS bursary and where they are now.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or enrolled to study full time, at a recognized public tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- You must achieve and maintain a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must have a household income of NO MORE than R600 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates and financially deserving Black candidates (African, Colored, Indian)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: PPS Foundation Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, including most recent transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of registration for the current academic year (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Financial Statement from University student finance department
- Pro forma invoices for prescribed books
- Lease agreements, if living in private accommodation
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (the latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the PPS Foundation directly:
Tel: 011 644 4200
or fill in the contact form and PPS will get back to you: https://www.professionalsconnect.co.za/contact-us
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.