Pearson Institute Scholarship South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PEARSON INSTITUTE
The Pearson Institute of Higher Education offers a variety of higher education qualifications and programmes, including foundation programmes, 16 undergraduate degree qualifications and 4 postgraduate qualifications, across 3 faculties – Applied Sciences (which includes BSc degrees in: Internet Communication, Computer Science, Informatics, Biomedicine, Biotechnology Management and BSc Hons Information Technology); Humanities (which includes BA general, BA Journalism and BA Graphic Design); Commerce and Law (which includes BBA, BCom in Law, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Tourism Management and BCom Hons Business Management).
The institution has more than 8000 students in its 12 campuses, located in various economic hubs in South Africa, including Pretoria; Durban; Cape Town; Port Elizabeth; Bloemfontein; Nelspruit; Potchefstroom; Midrand; East London; Vanderbijlpark; Durbanville and Bedfordview.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Pearson Institute will be awarding scholarships to students who intend on studying full-time at a Pearson Institute/ CTI campus.
Scholarships are awarded for 1 year at a time and applicants will need to reapply for funding each year. Candidates may be required to attend a panel interview.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum of 65%/ Rating score 5 for all Matric subjects
- Have a National Senior Certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate
- Have a SAQA certificate of equivalent and/or USAF exemption certificate
- Intend to study full-time at a Pearson Institute/CTI campus, towards one of the qualifications on offer (NOT a special course/ short learning programme/ Higher Certificate/ Foundation programme)
- Meet the admission criteria for your chosen qualification
- Applied to the PIHE/CTI and have a Pearson Student Number
- NOT previously studied at a Pearson Institute or CTI campus
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.pearsoninstitute.ac.za/Fees-and-Funding/Scholarships.html
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric National Senior Certificate or equivalent (certified copy)
- Latest academic record/ transcript on official letterhead (certified copy)
Supporting documentation must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Pearson Institute Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
18 January 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Pearson Institute of Higher Education directly:
Tel: 011 690 1700