Pearson Institute Scholarship South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PEARSON INSTITUTE
Pearson Institute Scholarship | The Pearson Institute of Higher Education offers a variety of higher education qualifications and programmes, including foundation programmes, 16 undergraduate degree qualifications and 4 postgraduate qualifications, across 3 faculties – Applied Sciences (which includes BSc degrees in Internet Communication, Computer Science, Informatics, Biomedicine, Biotechnology Management and BSc Hons Information Technology); Humanities (which includes BA general, BA Journalism and BA Graphic Design); Commerce and Law (which includes BBA, BCom in Law, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Tourism Management and BCom Hons Business Management).
The institution has more than 8000 students on its 12 campuses, located in various economic hubs in South Africa, including Pretoria; Durban; Cape Town; Port Elizabeth; Bloemfontein; Nelspruit; Potchefstroom; Midrand; East London; Vanderbijlpark; Durbanville and Bedfordview.
ABOUT THE PEARSON SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The bursary will be awarded to academically deserving students, who lack the funding or financial means to cover their study fees. The bursary will cover ALL fields of study, including students with outstanding university fees, for the 2021/2022 academic year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PEARSON SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a tertiary qualification, that is SAQA accredited
- You must be studying or intend on studying recognised and accredited public or private universities or universities of Technology in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your most recent studies (Matric or tertiary level)
- You must have a total household income of NOT more than R450 000 per annum
- You must be unemployed
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PEARSON SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Pearson South Africa Bursary Application 2022
Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Pearson South Africa Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Note: the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified:
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Quotation from university for all study fees (on institutions letterhead)
- Most recent academic results (Matric Certificate or Academic Transcripts)
- Proof of parents/ guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PEARSON SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Pearson South Africa directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.