Overstrand Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OVERSTRAND MUNICIPALITY
Overstrand Municipality Bursary South Africa | Overstrand Municipality is located within the Western Cape Province of South Africa, along the Atlantic coast between Cape Town and Cape Agulhas, within the Overberg District Municipality.
The Overstrand Municipality consists of various residential communities such as Hangklip/ Kleinmond, Gansbaai, Stanford, and Hermanus. The municipality promotes and practices a culture of excellence with its main goal being to grow and develop for the benefit of its various communities whilst also being in balance with nature.
ABOUT THE OVERSTRAND MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Overstrand Municipality, partnered with Provincial Treasury, is inviting students residing within the Overstrand Municipal area, to apply for the Bursary Programme for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary is open to students in need of financial support, who are registered at tertiary institutions, in any of the following fields (Undergraduate or Postgraduate):
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
Bursaries will be awarded to 2 candidates with the lowest combined monthly income, for a duration of 1 academic year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OVERSTRAND MUNICIPALITY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Overstrand Municipal area
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- You must have completed Matric (or equivalent qualification)
- You must be registered to study towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree qualification, in one of the fields above, for the 2022 academic year
- You must be registered at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need and not have the financial means to pay for your studies
- You must be competent, self-motivated and interested in uplifting and changing the community
- Students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE OVERSTRAND MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Overstrand Municipality Bursary Application Form(.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- ID document (certified copy: not older than three months)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent exam results/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Undergraduate qualifications certificate, if completed (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of residence (municipal account)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (the latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
- Proof of disability, if disabled (letter from a medical doctor confirming permanent disability)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Bursary Application” in the email subject line. Applications and documents must NOT be bigger than 4 MB).
PO Box 20
(Put your application in a sealed envelope mark it “Bursary Application”. Attention: Senior Manager, Human Resources).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE OVERSTRAND MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
12 November 2021 (at 15:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Overstrand Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Karin van der Merwe
Tel: 028 313 8113
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.