Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OUDTSHOORN MUNICIPALITY
The Oudtshoorn Municipality governs the Greater Oudtshoorn area, which is situated at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains in the the Little Karoo region, within the Western Cape Province. It is defined as a semi-desert area and was once the indigenous home of the Koi-San people.
The Oudtshoorn Municipality lies between the George Municipality, the Hessequa Municipality, the Mossel Bay Municipality and the Prince Albert Municipality.
Oudtshoorn’s main economic sectors include (from greatest to smallest): agriculture, forestry and fishing; manufacturing; finance; insurance and construction.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The Oudtshoorn Municipality will be awarding bursaries to students who reside within the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality (including rural areas), to pursue their studies towards a 3-year Graduate Degree or Diploma, in ANY field of study.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 30 working days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality (including rural areas)
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time towards a Degree or Diploma in 2021
- Studying or intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution
- Strong academic record
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected from municipal offices/ libraries/ Oudtshoorn Thusong Service Centre and the Youth Office, from 07:30 to 16:00 from Monday to Friday.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ admission into a tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of household income (certified copies)
Applications must be posted to:
HR Manager: Development & Transformation
Mr R.S. Claassen
PO Box 255
The application can also be delivered to:
Corner Voortrekker Road and Baron Van Reede Street
(Attention: Ms M Ayford, Senior HR Officer: Skills Development or Mrs R January, Senior Skills Development Clerk)
Please do NOT email or fax your application – this will result in your application being disqualified.
5 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Oudtshoorn Municipality directly:
Tel: 044 203 3006