Openserve Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – OPENSERVE
Openserve Bursary South Africa | Openserve is the biggest and top ICT infrastructure provider in South Africa, with the biggest fixed broadband network in the country. Openserve connects most internet services, landlines, mobile connections, and many more solutions that optimise connections to the globe.
Openserve is committed to advancing the youth of the country who wish to enter the ICT sector, by helping them acquire the necessary skills and experience to successfully navigate the industry and contribute to SA’s economic prosperity. The company is committed to connecting South Africans to a better life.
ABOUT THE OPENSERVE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Openserve is inviting students to apply for the Openserve Centre of Excellence (CoE) Undergraduate Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary will cover undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Information Technology
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Openserve Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OPENSERVE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- 2nd-year students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Technology or Engineering subjects, and a minimum overall average of 65% in your 1st year of study
- 3rd-year students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Technology and Engineering subjects and a minimum overall average of 65% in your 2nd year of study
- You must intend on pursuing a postgraduate degree (to Master’s or PhD level) in the same field, after completing your undergraduate studies
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE OPENSERVE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Openserve Bursary Application 2022
(Reference Number: TEL220711-1)
Applicants will be required to register an account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts/records (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE OPENSERVE BURSARY
15 August 2022 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Openserve directly:
Contact page: https://openserve.co.za/contact
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.