Nkangala District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Nkangala District Municipality Bursary South Africa | The Nkangala District Municipality, located in Mpumalanga, is one of three main districts and is made up of six local municipalities. These six municipalities are Emalahleni, Victor Khanye, Steve Tshwete, Thembisile Hani, Emakhazeni, as well as Dr. JS Moroka- the Nkangala Local Municipalities’ headquarters are located in Middelburg.
For Mpumalanga, Nkangala is the main economic hub within the province with its array of natural resources and precious minerals. Owing to these natural elements and beauty, Nkangala further enhances economic prosperity for not only the province but also South Africa.
ABOUT THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
Nkangala District Municipality is inviting students who reside within NDM area of jurisdiction, to apply for the bursary award, for the 2022 academic year.
Candidates who are from historically disadvantaged backgrounds and deserving of funding, are welcome to apply. The programme aims to help deserving candidates who wish to undertake full-time studies at a recognised South African FET College or University.
Students pursuing studies within the following fields will receive priority:
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mining Engineering
- Regional/ Town Planning
MORE ABOUT THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the NDM area of jurisdiction, including the following local municipalities: Dr JS Moroka, Emakhazeni, Emalahleni, Steve Tshwete, Thembisile Hani and Victor Khanye
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, preferably within one of the above-mentioned disciplines
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised University or FET College in South Africa
- You must be willing to enter into a contractual agreement with Nkangala Local Municipality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Nkangala District Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of address (this can be in the form of a water bill, lights, rates, etc.) (certified copy) OR Tribal Authority letter
- Proof of acceptance at a recognised University or FET College (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians ID Documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if self-employed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copy)
Applications can be submitted by hand, to any of the following offices:
The Municipal Manager
Attention: Youth Office
Nkangala District Municipality
2A Walter Sisulu
Or submitted by hand, to any of these 6 Local Municipalities Youth offices:
1) Dr JS Moroka Local Municipality
2601/3 Bongimfundo Street
2) Emakhazeni Local Municipality
25 Scheepers Street
3) Emalahleni Local Municipality
Cnr Mandela & Arras Streets
4) Steve Tshwete Local Municipality
Cnr Walter Sisulu Street
5) Thembisile Hani Local Municipality
Stand 24 Kwaggafontein C
6) Victor Khanye Local Municipality
Cnr Samuel & Van der Walt Streets
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
29 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Nkangala Local Municipality directly:
Contact People: Ms M Shabangu or Mr V Maphoto
Tel: 013 249 2064 / 013 294 2665
Cell: 072 201 6327 / 073 100 9289
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.