Nkangala District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Nkangala District Municipality Bursary South Africa | The Nkangala District Municipality, located in Mpumalanga, is one of three main districts and is made up of six local municipalities. These six municipalities are Emalahleni, Victor Khanye, Steve Tshwete, Thembisile Hani, Emakhazeni, as well as Dr JS Moroka- the Nkangala Local Municipalities’ headquarters are located in Middelburg.
For Mpumalanga, Nkangala is the main economic hub within the province with its array of natural resources and precious minerals. Owing to these natural elements and beauty, Nkangala further enhances economic prosperity for not only the province but also South Africa.
ABOUT THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
Nkangala District Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students who reside within the Nkangala District Municipality, in Mpumalanga, preferably for studies within these fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Regional/ Town Planning
MORE ABOUT THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Nkangala District Municipality area of jurisdiction, including the following local municipalities: Dr JS Moroka, Emakhazeni, Emalahleni, Steve Tshwete, Thembisile Hani and Victor Khanye
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, preferably within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised University or FET College in South Africa
- You must be willing to enter into a contractual agreement with Nkangala Local Municipality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Nkangala District Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Nkangala District Municipality bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of address (this can be in the form of a water bill, lights, rates, tribal authority letter etc.) (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a recognised University or FET College (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents’ or guardian’s ID Documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if self-employed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copy)
Applications can be hand-delivered to:
The Municipal Manager
Attention: Youth Office
Nkangala District Municipality
2A Walter Sisulu
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
28 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Nkangala District Municipality directly:
Contact People: Ms M Shabangu or Mr V Maphoto
Tel: 013 249 2064 / 013 294 2665
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.