National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC) Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NHFC
The National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC), established in 1996, is one of the South African Governments Development Finance Institutions (DFIs). The NHFC was formed with the aim of providing housing finance to low-income and middle-income households, as well as to improve on the socio-economic challenges within the country.
The NHFC Bursary Fund was established to help fund students from disadvantaged backgrounds, to gain the skills and expertise to work within the housing finance sector.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The NHFC will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Built Environment
- Construction Economics
- Developmental Studies
- Economic Development
- Energy Efficiency
- Housing Construction
- Human Settlements
- Property Markets
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, RENEWABILITY & SELECTION PROCESS
The NHFC bursary will cover tuition fees, prescribed books and other study materials as a minimum. Student accommodation and other expenses may be covered at the discretion of the NHFC.
The bursary award is renewable annually based on satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (from 2nd year to postgraduate)
- Excellent academic record
- From a financially disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the NHFC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record on University letterhead (certified copy)
- Proof of University admission (1st year students)
- Parents/ Guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ Guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- ID documents/ birth certificates of other people residing within your household (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “NHFC Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 November 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NHFC directly:
Human Resources Division