Musina Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – MUSINA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Musina Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Musina Local Municipality, located in the north of Limpopo and close to the Beit Bridge border, consists of 12 wards and 24 councilors.
The town of Musina was developed around the copper mining industry, but today their economic strengths include diamond mining and game farms (Kruger National Park, Musina Nature Reserve, the Big Tree and Mapungubwe National Park), as well as tourist attraction sites.
With a population of around 132 000 people, Musina has been declared a growth point by the Provincial government, although most of the population reside in townships, farms and rural settlements.
ABOUT THE MUSINA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Musina Local Municipality is inviting students to apply for the Mayor’s Bursary Fund, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Musina Local Municipality (Limpopo), for studies within the following fields:
- Building Science
- Civil Engineering
- Development Planning
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Human Resources
- Human Settlements
- Information Technology
- International Relations
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media Studies
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Public Relation
- Town Planning
MORE ABOUT THE MUSINA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fee, prescribed textbooks and accommodation.
Bursary recipients will be required to take up a service contract with the municipality after graduation – the contract period will be anywhere between 1 year and the number of years of funding received.
The bursary committee will contact successful applicants in writing and telephonically – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MUSINA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must reside within the Musina Local Municipality, in Limpopo province
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or enrolled to study at any recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, College of FET College)
- You must be from a disadvantaged community
- Your parents or guardians must be unemployed or classified as indigent or earning less than R3 500 per month
- You must be in financial need and be unable to afford tertiary studies within financial support
- You must NOT be a child of a councillor or official
Preference will be given to students who have passed Matric
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MUSINA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Musina Local Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Musina Local Municipality bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of enrolment at a tertiary institutions
- Proof of residence (rates account/ statement of water and lights)
- Parents or guardians ID documents/ birth certificates/ death certificates (certified copies)
- Parents or guardian affidavit
- Reference letter from school principal, if currently in Matric
Applications must be posted to:
21 Irwin Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MUSINA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
5 January 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Musina Local Municipality directly:
Tel: 015 534 6100
Please do NOT contact the Musina Local Municipality if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here