MultiChoice Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MULTICHOICE
MultiChoice, established in 1993, is a South African company which operates the DStv Satellite Television service across Sub-Saharan Africa. The company includes 5 services: M-NET, a satellite television subscription service; Showmax, an online video-on-demand subscription service; GOtv, a Digital terrestrial television platform; Supersport, a collection of sports channels on the DStv network and Irdeto, a digital platform security company.
In 2018 Multichoice Africa launched the Multichoice Talent Factory academies to allow 60 students from 13 countries to take part in the year-long academic and practical immersion programme.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
MultiChoice will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing their studies within the following fields (undergraduate and postgraduate, degree or diploma studies):
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computational Mathematics
- Creative or Corporate Brand Communication
- Customer Insights technologies
- Data Science
- Digital Engineering
- Digital Marketing
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Internal Auditing
- Media, Film or Television Studies
- Sport Broadcasting
- UX (user experience), UI (user interface) or CX (customer experience) Design
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and a yearly living allowance.
The bursary will be awarded for a period of 12 months and may be renewed based on company availability of funds and students satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or registered to study towards a qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or registered to study at a recognised Higher Learning Institute in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the current year of study
- Pursuing first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (including Honours and Masters) studies in 2021
- Strong academic performance
- Proven financial need
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the MultiChoice Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- All academic transcripts to date (certified copies)
- Proof preliminary acceptance from an accredited tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Proforma invoice/ quote from your tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- An affidavit confirming guardianship if not living with parent/s
- Proof of monthly household income and dependent (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Household breakdown of monthly budget (including income and expenses)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
- Letter of recommendation from your parent/ guardian (optional, not mandatory)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “MultiChoice Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
31 January 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact MultiChoice directly: