Mercedes-Benz Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MERCEDES-BENZ
Mercedes-Benz, founded by Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler in 1926 as “Daimler-Benz”, is a division of Daimler AG, a German company. The global automobile manufacturing company is well-known for its luxurious vehicles, coaches, buses and lorries.
Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the companies history actually dates back to 1886 when Karl Benz’s “Benz Patent-Motorwagen” was considered the first gasoline-powered automobile.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Mercedes-Benz bursary programme aims to fund high achieving student who lack necessary funds to support their own studies. Bursaries will be awarded to students within the following fields:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Human Resources
- IT (Information Technology)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPPORTUNITIES
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, food and prescribed textbooks.
Students will be required to work at the Mercedes-Benz in East London during holidays. Once graduated, bursary recipients are also able to join the MBSA Graduate Development programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to take part in psychometric assessments. If you have not received any feedback on your application by 28 February 2019, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised South African University of your choice
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric, if not yet at tertiary level
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65%, if currently at tertiary level
- Engineering students: must have achieved distinctions for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- NOT an employee of the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Group of Companies
- *Preference will be given to students from the Eastern Cape province
- *Preference will be given to students currently enrolled or studying in their first or second year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.daimler.com/career/
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest full tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (preferably in pdf format)
Centurion students: 31 December 2019.
East London students: 6 January 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mercedes-Benz directly:
Mercedes-Benz South Africa
Tel: 0800 133 355