Magalies Water Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MAGALIES WATER
Magalies Water Bursary South Africa | Magalies Water was established in 1969 as “Vaalkop Water Board”, with the main goal of supplying water to platinum mines within the Thabazimbi and Rustenburg areas. Today they provide quality bulk water and secondary services to mines, municipalities and other industries across Gauteng, Limpopo and the North West.
Magalies Water treats water that has flown into the Department of Water and Sanitation’s dams. The water is purchased from the DWS and then channelled to Magalies Water’s 8 water treatment plants – once treated, the water is distributed to municipalities, industries and mines.
ABOUT THE MAGALIES WATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Magalies Water invites South African youth, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. As part of the youth development initiative, bursaries will be awarded for studies towards the following qualifications:
- Biotechnology or Microbiology (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Water Care (BTech Degree / National Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE MAGALIES WATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 30 December 2021 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAGALIES WATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old (member of the youth)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at an accredited and registered tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at the tertiary level
- Preference will be given to female candidates, previously disadvantaged candidates, people with disabilities and those residing within the Magalies Water areas of operation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MAGALIES WATER BURSARY
Download and complete the Magalies Water Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including latest results/ academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead
- Proof of acceptance letter at a Higher Education Institution, for 2022 studies, if available
- Proof of residence
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MAGALIES WATER BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.