Magalies Water Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MAGALIES WATER
Magalies Water was established in 1969 as “Vaalkop Water Board”, with the main goal of supplying water to platinum mines within the Thabazimbi and Rustenburg areas. Today they provide quality bulk water and secondary services to mines, municipalities and other industries across Gauteng, Limpopo and the North West.
Magalies Water treats water which has flown into the Department of Water and Sanitation’s dams. The water is purchased from the DWS and then channelled to Magalies Water’s 8 water treatment plants – once treated, the water is distributed to municipalities, industries and mines.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Magalies Water will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ National Diploma)
- Water Care (National Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Once students have graduated, they will be able to take part in the 12 month experiential training – the internship programme will equip students with valuable skills which will increase their odds of finding permanent employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within one of the Magalies Water operational areas
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (2nd year)
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at tertiary level
- *Preference will be given to females, previously disadvantaged students and disabled students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Magalies Water Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ highest qualification (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance letter from a public higher education institute
- Proof of residence
- Parents/ guardians proof of income
22 January 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)