merSETA Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The merSETA is a part of the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs), whose aim is to encourage skill development in South Africa. There are a total of 21 SETAs, with sectors in Engineering, Manufacturing and other related fields.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
merSETA bursaries are awarded annually to University students and biannually to University of Technology students, within the following fields of study:
Universities of Technology students (semester courses):
- Chemical Engineering (National Diploma/ B. Technology),
- Electrical Engineering (light and heavy current) (National Diploma/ B. Technology),
- Engineering Metallurgy (National Diploma),
- Industrial Engineering (National Diploma),
- Mechanical Engineering (including Mechatronics) (National Diploma),
- Polymer Technology (B. Technology),
- Production Management (National Diploma),
University students (undergraduate programmes):
- BSc Chemical Engineering,
- BSc Electrical Engineering (light and heavy current and electronic),
- BSc Industrial Engineering,
- BSc Mechanical Engineering (including Mechatronics),
- BSc Metallurgy and Materials Engineering,
- BTech Production Management.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Have a Matric certificate (or equivalent) OR a post-Matric (or equivalent qualification),
- Meet the minimum admission requirements of the tertiary institution,
- School/ college graduate are welcome to apply.
Preference will be given to the following individuals:
- Female students,
- Previously disadvantaged,
- Proven financial need,
- Those employed by a merSETA organisation that contribute towards skills development (or a direct family of the employee).
HOW TO APPLY
30 June 2021 (for the first semester)
30 September 2021 (for the second semester).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)