Loeries Creative Future Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LOERIES
Loeries Creative Future Scholarship South Africa; The Loeries is a non-profit company which administers awards for the brand communications industry, throughout Africa and the Middle East. The Loeries were first held in 1978, and today is the most prestigious creative festival in the region. The Loeries has been focused on fostering creativity by recognising the industry for over 4 decades.
In 2008, the Loeries established the Creative Future Scholarship, with the aim of financially assisting talented students from disadvantaged backgrounds, to pursue their studies towards brand communication qualifications.
ABOUT THE LOERIES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Loeries, in partnership with 4 education partners (namely: the AAA School of Advertising, Red & Yellow, Vega School and Stellenbosch Academy of Design and Photography) are inviting students to apply for the Loeries Creative Future Scholarship, for the 2022 academic year. Funding will be awarded for Degree and Higher Certificate studies at Red & Yellow, within the following fields:
- Brand Communication
- Digital Marketing
- Visual Communication
Scholarships may also be awarded for short course studies at any of these schools: AAA School of Advertising, Red & Yellow, Vega School and Stellenbosch Academy of Design and Photography.
The scholarship will be awarded to 16 aspiring creatives, for studies commencing in January 2022, in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Candidates can find out more about the courses offered by Red & Yellow here.
ABOUT THE LOERIES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, study materials, a laptop and a travel allowance. Recipients will also receive the following benefits: mentorship, internship and possible employment within the advertising and brand communications industry.
Candidates will be required to undergo a screening process which includes an on-campus workshop and assessment. If candidates are unable to attend the workshop day, they will unfortunately be disqualified. Selection will be based on students completing Matric and satisfying the entry criteria for the selected course.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LOERIES SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be interested in studying towards a Degree or Higher Certificate in one of the fields listed above
- You must intend on studying at Red & Yellow, starting in 2022
- Marketing degree students: you must have passed Mathematics in Matric
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the Advertising or Marketing field
- You must be from a disadvantaged background and in need of financial support
- You must show potential and talent in creative arts and/or design (this may include writing, design, photography, animation, film, drawing, etc)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LOERIES SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Loeries Scholarship Application Form(.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (head and shoulders only)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship (to be completed on the application form)
- Motivational letter explaining your financial position (to be completed on the application form)
- Loeries Scholarship Mentor Form (.pdf) or a letter of recommendation from your school, if the mentor form is not applicable
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Loeries Creative Future Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LOERIES SCHOLARSHIP
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Loeries directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.