LGSETA Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LGSETA
LGSETA Bursary South Africa. The Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) are responsible for creating and implementing skills development interventions to assist local government employees, those working within the local government structures and the unemployed.
ABOUT THE LGSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The LGSETA is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023/23 and 2023/24 academic years.
The Discretionary Grants Bursary 1st Funding Window is aimed at students interested in the local government, for studies towards the following qualifications:
- Accounting (Diploma)
- Accounting (Bachelor of)
- Accounting (Bachelor of Hons)
- Building (National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Civil Engineering specialising in; Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Urban Engineering, Transport, and Water (National Diploma)
- Cost and Management Accounting (Bachelor of Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Environmental Health (Diploma)
- Environmental Health (Bachelor of)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelor of Science)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelor of Science Hons)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelor of Hons)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelor of Technology)
- Internal Auditing (National Diploma)
- Local Governance and Management (Advanced Certificate)
- Local Government Law and Administration (Diploma)
- Local Government Finance (Bachelor of Technology)
- Local Government Finance (Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Public Accountability (National Diploma)
- Public Management and Administration (Diploma)
- Public Management (Post Graduate Diploma)
- Town/ Urban and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Technology)
- Town and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Hons)
MORE ABOUT THE LGSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
The allocation of bursaries will depend on the availability of funds and candidates meeting all the criteria as per the programme’s funding criteria, policies, and procedures.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 months of the application deadline – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the LGSETA Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LGSETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards one of the above qualifications in 2023
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised public institution within South Africa (University, University of Technology or TVET Institution)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LGSETA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; LGSETA Bursary Application 2023
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the LGSETA bursary.
Applicants may read the LGSETA User Guide for detailed application instructions.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most academic records, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Last year’s academic tertiary results, if a continuing student (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance, if a new learner entering tertiary studies (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration, if already studying (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LGSETA BURSARY
1 November 2023 (at 23:59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the LGSETA Bursary team directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.