KZN Health Nursing Bursaries South Africa 2023 – 2024
KZN Health Nursing Bursaries
How and Where to Apply:
KZN Health Nursing Bursaries South Africa | All applicants may obtain a KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Bursary Application Form from the nearest Government Hospital, Human Resource Department, to where your family home is in KwaZulu-Natal
DO NOT go to the nearest Government Hospital to where you stay while at University, it may not be your hometown. You or a family member must collect and sign the application form. You must return the FULLY COMPLETED form to the same Hospital you collected it from.
Who Can Apply:
A poster advertising the KZN Department of Health’s Bursary Program will be placed at all Provincial Hospitals, Internet, Clinics and Municipal Offices, and will clearly display the respective fields of study / scarce skills required by the KZN Department of Health. Please ensure that you apply for a bursary if you are indeed studying for a degree/diploma as captured and advertised on the poster per District. You may therefore not apply for a bursary if the field of study you intend to study toward is not captured /reflected on the poster
Careers in Health Handbook
For further information, please contact the bursary section: 033 395 2733
When Can You Apply:
KZN Department of Health Bursary Application Forms, for each academic year, can be collected from all Provincial Hospitals from 01/05 to 31/08 of every year. Late applications will not be considered.
- The applicant must be from KwaZulu-Natal
- The applicant must have a good academic record
- The applicant must have proof of application/registration to a Tertiary Institution
- The applicant must not be in receipt of another bursary
- The student must not have another degree/diploma
- Recommendations will be made on a sliding scale in terms of parents’ income as follow:
- R0 – R120000 (Tuition, Meals, Books, Accommodation)
- R121000 – R150000 (Tuition, Meals, and Accommodation)
- R151000 – R200000 (Tuition, Accommodation, Books)
- R201000 – R250000 (Tuition, Accommodation)
- R251000 – R300000 (Tuition only)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.