KwaZulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KZN EDTEA
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase economic transformation within the province. They also aim to help the economic development and transformation, as well as to assist with economic planning and development and leadership, and to create an environment that is conducive to investment.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of EDTEA will be awarding bursaries to Matric students who intend on studying Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Pretoria OR Wits University. Bursaries are renewable each year dependent on the students academic performance.
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation in residence, food and an allowance.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the KwaZulu-Natal province
- Between the ages of 15 and 35 years old
- Currently in Matric
- Accepted to study Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Pretoria or Wits University
- From a disadvantaged background (preferably a rural area)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the KZN Department of EDTEA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final report
- Matric latest report
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians death certificate if deceased (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ bank statement if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Parents/ guardians income and expense statement
- Proof of residence within KwaZulu-Natal (rates/ water/ taxes statement)
- University acceptance letter (from the University of Pretoria/ Wits University)
- Motivational letter explaining why you need and deserve to be awarded a bursary
- Detailed outline of tuition fees required (from the institution)
- Copy of the course curriculum (including the number of subjects and years to complete the qualification)
- Study plan explaining how you will complete your qualification over the bursary period
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivered to:
HRD, Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs
270 Jabu Ndlovu Street
(Attn: Ms Cheryl Singh)
2) Posted to:
HRD, Department of Economic Development and Environmental Affairs
Private Bag X9152
(Attn: Ms Cheryl Singh)
Please note: applications must be marked “Aeronautical Engineering Bursary Application”.
28 February 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the KZN EDTEA directly:
Contact Person: Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane
Tel: 033 264 2635