Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KUEHNE + NAGEL
Kühne + Nagel is an international transport and logistics company located in Switzerland. The global leading company was founded in 1890, and provides airfreight and sea freight forwarding, as well as contract logistics and overland businesses.
The Kuehne + Nagel Group is currently located in over 100 countries, where they have approximately 79 000 staff members in around 1 300 offices.
In 2012, the Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust was formed, as a way to invests in the education of South African youth. Since the bursary award was launched, the trust has financially assisted many students in the logistics, supply chain management and related commerce fields.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Financial Management (BCom)
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Transport Economics (BCom)
- Logistics (BCom)
- Logistics Management (Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books and an allowance for accommodation. Bursary recipients will also be able to take part in vacation work during school holidays, to gain hands on working experience.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for Kuehne + Nagel – the work back period will be equal to the duration of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview (in February and March 2019), there will then be a final interview or case study presentation (in March 2019) and the bursaries will then be awarded (in March 2019). If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black female
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (second year/ third year/ postgraduate)
- Studying at an accredited university in South Africa
- Good academic record
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your most recent year of study
- Proven financial need
- Strong leadership skills (engaged in school, university or community activities)
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the KN Inzuzo Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- High School or University awards for academic/ leadership/ sport/ entrepreneurial achievements (certified copies)
- Letter of reference from a high school teacher or university lecturer (signed and stamped)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance from your University
- Parents/ guardian’s proof of income (latest payslips/ sworn affidavit/ pension advice slip) (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardian’s proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Hand delivery:
The Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust
9 Nguni Drive
Longmeadow West Business Park
15 February 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust directly:
Tel: 011 574 7000