KMF High School Scholarship South Africa 2025
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – KMF
KMF High School Scholarship South Africa | The Kay Mason Foundation (KMF) South African Trust is a leading South African educational foundation. The programme was established in 1999 with the main goal of eliminating the barriers to quality education that many young, underprivileged South Africans face. KMF has a number of programmes, specifically created to ensure that scholars receive the necessary support (social, academic, financial, and emotional) that they need to succeed. To date, a large number of students have benefited and changed their lives with the help of KMF.
ABOUT THE KMF SCHOLARSHIP
KMF is inviting students to apply for their scholarship programme for the 2025 academic year.
The scholarship is open to students entering High School (Grade 8) in 2025. KMF will ensure that learners are matched with top South African institutions, allowing them to embark on their Grade 8 studies, reach their academic goals, and meet their fullest potential.
The aim of the programme is to aid children from disadvantaged communities to gain the skills and knowledge needed to become the future leaders of South Africa.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KMF SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in Grade 6 in 2023
- You must have obtained a minimum overall average of 65% for your First and Second Language
- You must have obtained a minimum overall average of 65% for Mathematics and Science
- You must have a combined household gross income of NOT more than R17 500 per month (before deductions)
- You must reside within the Western Cape (Cape Town/ Southern Suburbs/ Northern Suburbs/ Helderberg Area/ Boland Area)
- You must be able to commute to Bellville on Saturdays to attend classes
- You must demonstrate academic talent
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KMF SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at; KMF High School Scholarship Application
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the KMF High School Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Learners birth certificate
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents
- Grade 5 (Term 4) report
- Grade 6 (Term 1) report
- Parents’ or guardians’ proof of income:
- If employed: most recent 3 months salary slips and 3 months bank statements
- If self-employed: 6 months of bank statements
- If unemployed: affidavit indicating how long and why you are unemployed
- If receiving a SASSA grant: proof of grant
- Proof of income of any other salary earners residing in your household
- Divorce Decree if parents/ guardians are divorced
- Death Certificate of a parent if deceased
Please note the following when applying:
- Ensure that your supporting documents are scanned and uploaded before you complete your application.
- Any missing documents will result in your application being disqualified.
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded separately.
- Please ensure all contact details are correct.
SELECTION FOR THE KMF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Once KMF has screened all applications by potential candidates, the candidates will then enter a series of tests to determine if they meet the criteria.
Once testing is complete, successful candidates will then proceed to the next stage and form part of the Selection and Support Programme.
Candidates will then be required to attend classes and assessments every Saturday in Bellville (please note, this does not guarantee that the candidate has received the scholarship award).
In 2024, the scholarship will officially be awarded, whereby the scholars will form part of the Senior Scholar Preparation Programme.
Thereafter, scholars will continue to participate in the Saturday classes.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the KMF High School Scholarship.
A complete financial review will be conducted before the candidate is considered for participation in the Selection and Support Programme.
If you have received communication on the contact details you’ve provided, but miss an assessment/ important meeting, your application will be disqualified. If you have not heard a response by the end of May 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KMF SCHOLARSHIP
24 April 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact KMF directly:
Contact Person: Stephanie
Contact portal: https://kmf.org.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.