John Thompson Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – JOHN THOMPSON
John Thompson is an environmental solutions and boiler company who serve the industrial and power generation markets, both in South Africa and internationally. The company has 5 business units, including: Manufacturing, Industrial Watertube Boilers, Package Boilers, Air Pollution Control and Utility Boilers & Environmental.
The John Thompson history dates back to the Industrial Revolution in England, within the 19th century. Today, the company is a division of the biggest electro-mechanical equipment manufacturer, repairer and distributor on the African continent – ACTOM (Pty) Ltd.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
John Thompson bursaries will be awarded to deserving students, particularly those studying within the following fields:
- Boilermaking (N1, N2, N3)
- Welding (N1, N2, N3 OR N4, N5, N6)
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees, prescribed textbooks and in some cases, meals and accommodation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Good academic record
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Reside in the Majuba District in Mpumalanga Province
- Boilermaking students:
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Matric Mathematics
- Welding students:
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for Matric Mathematics
- OR Must have completed an N3 qualification and a minimum result of 50% for Mathematics and 50% for Matric Engineering Drawings
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the minimum eligibility requirements and would like to apply, can do so by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Latest academic record, if a current tertiary student (certified copy of)
- Covering letter
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: AJTHumanResourceJHB@johnthompson.co.za
(Insert the words “John Thompson Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
19 May 2017.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact John Thompson directly:
Department: Human Resources