Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – JOHANNESBURG WATER
Johannesburg Water SOC Ltd (JW), solely owned by the City of Johannesburg (CoJ), is a municipal entity that was incorporated in 2000 and began the commencement of business operations in 2001. The company was formed with the goal of providing the over 5 million people of Johannesburg with accessibility to quality sanitation services and water.
Johannesburg Water supplies and distributes over 1500 megalitres of potable water every day, which is procured treated from Rand Water. JW operates across 6 regions, with 6 wastewater treatment plants and 10 network depots. The company employs around 2500 staff members and has a turnover of over R8 billion.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded within the following Water industry-related fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
The bursary will provide full coverage for study-related expenses and students will be given the chance to take part in vacation work or practical training while studying.
Once students have graduated, they must work for Johannesburg Water. The service contract will be equal to the duration of the bursary funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised University or University of Technology
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the current year of study
- Engineering degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then log in to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the Johannesburg Water Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
CareerWise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CareerWise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round