Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – JOHANNESBURG WATER
Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa | Johannesburg Water SOC Ltd (JW), solely owned by the City of Johannesburg (CoJ), is a municipal entity that was incorporated in 2000 and began business operations in 2001. The company was formed to provide the over 5 million people of Johannesburg with accessibility to quality sanitation services and water.
Johannesburg Water supplies and distributes over 1500 megalitres of potable water every day, which is procured and treated from Rand Water. JW operates across 6 regions, with 6 wastewater treatment plants and 10 network depots. The company employs around 2500 staff members and has a turnover of over R8 billion.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | SERVICE CONTRACT
Johannesburg Water is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Johannesburg Water annually offers comprehensive bursaries to deserving students, in line with the company’s talent management strategy. The fields of study are determined by the company’s particular needs and skill requirements.
For the 2023 academic year, bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Civil Engineering (BEng Tech) (3 bursaries to be awarded)
- Civil Engineering (BSc) (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Finance or Financial Accounting (BCom) (1 bursary to be awarded)
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Johannesburg Water Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE JOHANNESBURG WATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded based on 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need. Students from all race groups may apply.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to enter into a contractual employment agreement with Johannesburg Water.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application closing date – if you do not receive feedback by 25 September 2023, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOHANNESBURG WATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident in South Africa
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards one of the qualifications listed above
- You must be entering your 2nd or higher year of study in 2023
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Finance students: you must have an interest in revenue analysis as well as accuracy and completeness of revenue
- You must NOT have received any previous bursary award or other funding (excluding NSFAS)
- Preference will be given to female applicants and students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JOHANNESBURG WATER BURSARY
Download and complete the Johannesburg Water Bursary Application Form 2023/2023 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the JW bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Official statement of results] (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardian’s ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed (certified copies)
- Motivational letter (including why you chose your course of study and how you intend to use your qualification after graduation, about your further study plans and ideals for the future, and what contribution you feel you would be able to make to Johannesburg Water) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications must be submitted electronically to the relevant email address, dependent on the field of study:
- Civil Engineering (BEng Tech) applicants: email@example.com
- Civil Engineering (BSc) applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance or Financial Accounting (BCom) applicants: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Johannesburg Water Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE JOHANNESBURG WATER BURSARY
25 August 2023 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Johannesburg Water directly:
Contact person: Kathy Hussey
Tel: 011 689 9158
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.