Investec High School Bursary Programme 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – INVESTEC
Investec, founded in 1974 by 3 co-founders, namely Ian Kantor; Errol Grolman and Larry Nestadt, is a global asset management and specialist banking group. The company serves a client base across 3 countries (South Africa; Australia and the United Kingdom) with various financial products and services.
Investec, listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the LSE (London Stock Exchange), employs over 9000 staff members worldwide. The company has banking operations in the United States; Canada; Switzerland; Hong Kong; Taiwan; Guernsey; Jersey; Botswana; Namibia and Mauritius
The bank’s services include; Investment Banking; Private Banking; and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
ABOUT THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY PROGRAMME
The purpose of the programme is to encourage the youth of South Africa to further their studies, which will hopefully result if them positively contributing to the economy, as well as the development of the country and becoming active participants in society.
Please note: students are NOT guaranteed a bursary if they meet all the requirements – it is a competitive award and there are a limited amount of bursaries available.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Investec High School Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be entering Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 in 2023
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must show good academic potential in Mathematics and Accounting or Science
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for all subjects
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% in English
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be enrolled at your school for at least 1 year (students will continue studying at their current school, they will not move schools)
- Your school must meet the following criteria:
- The school must have a minimum 90% Matric pass rate
- The school must have a minimum of 80% of Matric’s qualifying for university entrance
- The school must have a minimum of 75% of their students doing Pure Mathematics as a subject
- The school must have a minimum of 50% of their students achieving at least 75% for Pure Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- The school must have a minimum of 80% of their students achieving at least 50% in English
- The school must have a good supportive environment that supports students holistically
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can request an application form by emailing: CSIHighSchoolBursary@investec.co.za
(Insert the words “Investec High School Bursary Application Request” in the email subject line).
Please note that it may take a few days to receive the application form via email, due to the high email volume.
Students may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with their application (note: this is only a guideline – the final list of required documents will be supplied to you with the application form):
- ID document (certified copy)
- 2021 mid-year and final results/ report (on school letterhead)
- 2022 mid-year results/ report (on school letterhead)
- Testimonial by education official (to be completed on the application form)
- Testimonial by a community leader (someone who is a significant figure in the community: religious leader, sports coach, team captain or music teacher) (to be completed on the application form)
- Essay about your life (further information can be found on the application form)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA or pension grant if applicable, death certificate if deceased, divorce certificate if divorced, sworn statement from one parent if separated)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Investec directly:
High School Bursary Team
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
- Sanlam UCT Online High School Scholarship South Africa 2022…
- Bursaries For Primary & High School Students South Africa
- SANRAL High School Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
- Investec Bank CSI Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
- TSIBA Business School Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
- Global Contest for Secondary School Students