Investec High School Bursary Programme 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – INVESTEC
Investec, founded in 1974 by 3 co-founders, namely Ian Kantor; Errol Grolman and Larry Nestadt, is a global asset management and specialist banking group. The company serves a client base across 3 countries (South Africa; Australia and the United Kingdom) with various financial products and services.
Investec, listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the LSE (London Stock Exchange), employs over 9000 staff members worldwide. The company has banking operations in the United States; Canada; Switzerland; Hong Kong; Taiwan; Guernsey; Jersey; Botswana; Namibia and Mauritius
The bank’s services include; Investment Banking; Private Banking; and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
ABOUT THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY PROGRAMME
Investec is inviting students entering Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 in 2022, to apply for the High School Bursary Programme.
The purpose of the programme is to encourage the youth of South Africa to further their studies, which will hopefully result in them positively contributing to the economy, as well as the development of the country and becoming active participants of society.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be entering Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 in 2022
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be taking Pure Mathematics as a subject (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must Have shown good academic potential in Mathematics, Accounting and Science
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be enrolled to study at a school that meets the following criteria, for at least 1 year at the time of application:
- The school must have a minimum of 90% Matric pass rate
- The school must a minimum of 80% of Matrics qualifying for university entrance
- The school must have a minimum of 75% of their students doing Pure Mathematics as a subject
- The school must have a minimum of 50% of their students achieving at least 75% for Pure Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- The school must have a minimum of 50% of their students achieving at least 80% for English
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can request an application form by emailing: CSIHighSchoolBursary@investec.co.za
Students may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with their application (note: this is only a guideline – the final list of required documents will be supplied to you with the application form):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent school report (on school letterhead)
- Letter from school principal (confirming the following: Matric pass rate, University acceptance rate, percentage of students taking Pure Maths as a subject, students average Pure Maths pass mark and students average English pass mark)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA or pension grant if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INVESTEC HIGH SCHOOL BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Investec directly:
High School Bursary Team
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round