Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency IUCMA Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – IUCMA
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency IUCMA Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Area (IUCMA) is committed to ensuring that the water resources in the national are protected, used, developed, conserved, maintained and controlled. The IUCMA is a government organization that was established in order to perform water resource management within the Inkomati-Usuthu Water Management Area.
The organisation’s vision to to ensure that all residents have access to sufficient, equitable and quality water resources.
ABOUT THE IUCMA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing in Mpumalanga, for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Chemistry, Biochemistry and Microbiology (BSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc or B Degree)
- Geohydrology, Geomorphology and Botany (BSc)
- Hydrology / Water Resource Management (BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE IUCMA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, prescribed study materials, meals, accommodation and a stipend.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the IUCMA Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the closing date – if you not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with the IUCMA, per the external bursary policy.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IUCMA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in Mpumalanga Province (within IUCMA’s Water Management Area)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%, if currently studying at tertiary level
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Female students and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IUCMA BURSARY
Download and complete the IUCMA Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms may also be collected at IUCMA offices in Nelspruit, Piet Retief/ Usuthu and Bushbuckridge.
Enter “Zabusaries.com in the field asking how you heard about the IUCMA bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record or transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary admission or provisional acceptance letter (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (from Local Municipality or Headman/ Chief)
- Motivational letter to support your application and explain why you should be awarded the bursary (to be completed on the application form) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Description of where you see yourself after graduation or after 5 years (to be completed on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: Bursaries@iucma.co.za
(Insert the words “IUCMA Bursary 2024” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
Floor Number 2
ABSA Square Building
20 Paul Kruger Street
The Chief Executive Officer
Inkomati Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag x 11214
For Attention: Human Resource
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IUCMA BURSARY
2 February 2024 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) directly:
Contact People: Ms D Malumane / Ms Z Tibane
Tel: 013 753 9000 / 083 654 0291
Please do NOT contact the IUCMA if this bursary has already closed.
View our other bursaries open for application here