HORTGRO Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HORTGRO
HORTGRO Bursary South Africa | The history of HORTGRO dates back to 1652 when the first apple seeds were planted by Jan van Riebeeck in the Cape of Good Hope. Today, the company is focused on research and technology, production, transformation, markets and communication in the deciduous fruit industry.
The company’s main goal is to guide and direct research within the deciduous fruit industry, to address the industry’s short term and long term needs. HORTGRO’s members include the Dried Fruit Technical Services (DFTS); SA Stone Fruit Producers’ Association (SASPA) and SA Apple and Pear Producers’ Association (SAAPPA).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
Hortgro is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.. Each year, Hortgro awards bursaries to academically deserving students, pursuing studies within the Science field.
The bursary is open to students pursuing studies within one of these fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Entomology and Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Research and Technical
- Soil/ Water Science
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Hortgro Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE HORTGRO BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | RENEWAL
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees (up to a limited amount), accommodation on tertiary campus and prescribed books (up to a limited amount).
Bursaries will be renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
The bursary award is renewable each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields
- You must study or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must meet the admission requirements for your chosen course of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
Download and complete the HORTGRO Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or both sides of your ID Card (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Estimated breakdown of study fees (tuition, books and accommodation)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of any other financial assistance, bursaries or loans being received (if applicable)
- Essay with the following details (about yourself, brief details of your career plans, brief details of where you see yourself in the agricultural environment in the future, and why you should be awarded the bursary) (to be filled in on the application form in your own handwriting)
- 2 contactable references
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Hortgro Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
15 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Hortgro directly:
Tel: 021 870 2900
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December