Heraeus Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – HERAEUS
Heraeus Bursary South Africa | Heraeus South Africa is a subsidiary of Heraeus, a German-based precious metal and technology company. Heraeus PGM SA (Pty) Ltd’s main business functions include importing and retailing various precious metal-containing products, manufacturing chemical solutions and products, manufacturing chemical solutions and compounds containing precious metals for the automotive market and refining precious metals.
ABOUT THE HERAEUS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Heraeus is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the rest of the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Process Technology
- Mathematics (Pure and Applied)
MORE ABOUT THE HERAEUS BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, books, stationery and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 August 2022, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an online interview (via Skype, Zoom, Face Call or Teleconference). Applications will also undergo verification checks (credit checks, criminal checks, the authenticity of ID, etc). The final selection will be submitted to candidates in writing by August 2022.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HERAEUS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HERAEUS BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic results (on institutions letterhead)
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter (including; why you should be awarded the bursary and why you would like to partake in voluntary community work during your spare time/holidays/vocation)
- ID document of the person on whom you rely financially (certified copy)
- Parent, guardian or proof of income of a person on whom you rely financially (latest payslip if employed)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Heraeus Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HERAEUS BURSARY
30 July 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Heraeus directly:
Human Resources Department
Tel: 041 404 2800
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.