Gibela Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GIBELA
Gibela, a joint South African and French railway rolling stock manufacturer, was established as an association between Ubumbano Rail, Alstom and New Africa Rail. Within the fully black-empowered company, Alstom currently owns majority shares of the company and control 61%, while Ubumbano Rail controls 30% and New Africa Rail 9% stakes.
In 2013, Gibela was assigned with the task of replacing old metro fleet with a new modern service. Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) instructed them to deliver into the South African rail network, 600 modern commuter passenger trains, over the course of 10 years.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gibela bursary programme is administered by Career Wise, who are responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates. Shortlisted students must attend a panel interview assessment and final selection will be made by Petra Diamonds.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- (*as well as Engineering degrees and diplomas in related fields of study)
- Information Systems
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Supply Chain
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, RENEWABILITY & SERVICE CONTRACT
Gibela bursaries are granted for one year of study, renewable annually based on the students academic results.
The bursary will provide full coverage of study related expenses, including tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals. Students will be given the opportunity to undertake vacation work or practical training each year.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for Gibela for the equal duration of bursary funding received (dependent on availability within the company).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 November, regard your application as successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying towards a full-time undergraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying OR intend on studying full time at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Achieved and maintain a minimum academic result of 60% for English
- Achieved and maintain a minimum academic result of 60% for Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the Gibela Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Proof of acceptance to study at an accredited tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787