Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GENESIS ANALYTICS | GEFT
Genesis Analytics was founded in 1998 as the first specialist microeconomics consultancy firm in the country. Microeconomics is the study of labour, product and capital markets. The firm makes use of its analytical capabilities to unlock value for its clients, by improving the decision-making process.
The Genesis Analytics Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT), the educational arm of Genesis Analytics, was formed in order that the firm could assist previously disadvantaged students who are pursuing their postgraduate studies in Economics and related fields.
ABOUT THE GEFT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The Genesis Educational Foundation (GEFT) is inviting students to apply for their postgraduate bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for Honours and Master’s studies in Economics or related disciplines (Economics, Economic Science, Applied Economics, Development Economics, Behavioural Economics, International Development and Public Health: Epidemiology or Health Economics).
Bursaries will also be awarded for postgraduate studies in Public Health and related disciplines.
MORE ABOUT THE GEFT BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide full or partial cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books and stationery. GEFT may also provide funding for additional expenses, such as accommodation, a living allowance and transport, dependent on the Trust’s available funds.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview in January 2023. If you do not receive any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the GEFT Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the postgraduate qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% for your undergraduate or Honours degree
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background (per the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998)
- You must be from a designated group (i.e. African, Indian or Coloured)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Genesis Educational Foundation Bursary Application 2022
(Reference Number: ZS2022Bursaries)
Note: only applications submitted via the online application portal will be accepted. Applications received via email will NOT be accepted.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the GEFT bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary (1 page) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, from your 1st year of study to the current date (on university letterhead and in 1 document)
- A writing sample (essay/ proposal/ assignment: a recent submission from the current or previous academic year)
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
The bursary process will proceed as follows:
1) Applicants will be screened against the following: required skills, competencies and experience.
2) Applicants who pass the first step, will be invited to a telephonic interview.
3) Applicants will then be required to complete an online case study assessment.
4) Shortlisted applicants will then partake in a panel interview.
5) Successful students will be added to the Trust’s internship database and an offer will be made depending on available project work.
6) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of the deadline, should consider their application unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
9 January 2023 (by close of business).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) directly:
Contact page: https://www.genesis-analytics.com/contact-us
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.