Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – GAUTENG DSACR
Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Bursary South Africa | The Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation is a sector of the South African government, responsible for developing and nurturing the sport and artistic talent of youth within the province.
The department is committed to ensuring a pool of talented people for competitive and major events; preserving the heritage resources including the promotion of National Days and symbols; hosting and supporting competitive and major sports, arts and cultural events; providing library support services by establishing and maintaining community libraries and providing and ensuring access to archival records to preserve the history and memory of the province.
ABOUT THE GAUTENG DSACR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduates studies within these fields:
- Archive and Records Management (Bachelors degree)
- Library and Information Science (Bachelors degree)
MORE ABOUT THE GAUTENG DSACR BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees and registration fees. (The bursary will NOT cover books, transport and accommodation expenses).
zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAUTENG DSACR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 35 years old
- You must reside within the Gauteng province
- You must be studying within the Gauteng province
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (studies at private institutions will NOT be funded)
- You must NOT be permanently employed
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GAUTENG DSACR BURSARY
Download and complete the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Bursary Application Form 2022 – 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or passport (certified copy)
- All academic qualifications completed (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance from a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full official recent academic transcripts/results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Copies of any study-related quotes
- Motivational letter, including why you should be awarded the bursary, what your plans are after graduation and benefits for you and the Gauteng society (read our tips on how to write a bursary motivational letter)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways
Gauteng Provincial Archives
Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation
Private Bag X33
– Hand delivery:
Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Offices
35 Rissik Cnr. Fox Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GAUTENG DSACR BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation directly:
Contact Person 1: Mr Zamani Mbanjwa
Tel: 011 355 2803
Contact Person 2: Mr Sizwe Mbuyisa
Tel: 011 355 2549 / 071 678 7799
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.