Gauteng Department of Social Development Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Gauteng Department of Social Development Bursary South Africa | The Gauteng Department of Social Development (DSD) is one of the departments of the Gauteng Provincial Government.
The Gauteng DSD is committed to growing and implementing programs that assist with the eradication of poverty, social protection and social development among the poor, the most helpless and the sidelined, by partnering with primary customers, service recipients and all those sharing its vision.
ABOUT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gauteng Department of Social Development is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing in Gauteng, who have a passion for the Social sector, for studies in these fields:
- Clinical Psychology
- Community Development
- Demography and Population Studies
- Financial Management
- Occupational Therapy
The bursary aims to promote skills development and quality education for students who excel academically, within the province.
ABOUT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books and study materials.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 months after the application deadline – if you do not receive any feedback by the end of January 2023, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Successful candidates will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with the Gauteng Department of Social Development.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gauteng DSD Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Gauteng province (for a minimum of 1 year before applying for this bursary)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must intend on pursuing a career within the Social Sector
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
The following candidates are encouraged to apply: students from any race or gender, students with disabilities, and students leaving child and youth care facilities.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GAUTENG DSD BURSARY
Download and complete the Gauteng Department of Social Development Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Gauteng DSD bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Identity Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- All education qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of residence in Gauteng
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be returned to any Gauteng Social Development office or institution.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GAUTENG DSD BURSARY
28 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng Department of Social Development directly:
Contact person: Veli Ngobese
Tel: 011 227 0065
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round