Gauteng College of Nursing Bursary 2023 – 2024
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
Gauteng College of Nursing Bursary
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING
The Gauteng College of Nursing (GCON) is the single government-operated nursing college and umbrella organisation for nursing colleges such as Chris Hani Baragwanath, Bonalesedi, Rahima Moosa, Ann Latsky, SG Lourens and Garankuwa, in Gauteng.
The various provincial nursing colleges in Gauteng will be regarded as campuses under the GCoN administration, following the signing of the statute by the Gauteng Health Department.
ABOUT THE GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gauteng College of Nursing is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a Diploma in Nursing, at any of these 4 campuses:
- Ann Latsky Nursing Campus
- Bonalesedi Nursing Campus
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus
- SG Lourens Nursing Campus
MORE ABOUT THE GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING BURSARY PROGRAMME – OBLIGATIONS | SELECTION
Successful candidates will be required to:
- take part in Work Integrated Learning (WIL), including shift work, working on public holidays, working on weekends and at night in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics
- attend lectures
- sign an agreement with the Department of Health
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and thereafter, medical surveillance (which includes a physical exam and verification of submitted documents).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Gauteng Province
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must be in possession of one of these school leaving certificates:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 10)
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Diploma in Nursing, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following College campuses: Ann Latsky Campus, Bonalesedi Campus, Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus or SG Lourens Campus
- Students in possession of a Senior Certificate: you must have achieved a minimum result of HG “D” or SG “C” for English, HG “D” or SG “C” for Biology, HG “D” or SG “C” for Mathematics and an M score of 17
- Students in possession of a National Senior Certificate: you must have achieved a minimum result of Level 4 for English, Level 4 for Life Sciences, Level 4 for Mathematics or Level 5 Mathematics Literacy, and an APS of at least 27 (Life Orientation counts towards half the score)
- Students in possession of a National Vocational Certificate: you must have achieved a minimum result of 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy and Life Orientation) and 60% in Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Matric students: you must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements with your Grade 11 final results
You must also possess the following skills/ attributes:
- Calm during a crisis
- Empathetic (able to relate to people)
- Leadership ability
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy
- Study skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING BURSARY
Applications must be done online at; Gauteng College of Nursing Bursary Application 2022
Candidates should follow these instructions to submit an application:
1) Register a profile: https://nursingintake.gauteng.gov.za/PublicNursing/NewProfile.aspx
Fill in all the required details, and be careful not to leave any fields blank.
2) Login using your ID Number and Password: https://nursingintake.gauteng.gov.za/Login/Login.aspx
3) Click on the “Update Resume” section to fill in all your information (including personal details, school and training background, work history and references)
4) When you have filled in all your information, click on the “Training Programme” section to apply.
5) Now click “Apply” and you should see your profile details displayed on the screen.
6) Select centre and add in all 4 centres in order of preference (starting with your most preferred choice first).
7) Once you are sure that all the information you have submitted is correct, click “Submit”
Note: please keep your Reference Number after submitting your application.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate or National Vocational Certificate, if completed (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance to study towards a Nursing (Diploma) at one of the above-mentioned institutes
Note: please keep hard copies of your supporting documents, as you will be required to deliver them to the selection centre.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING BURSARY
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng College of Nursing directly:
Gauteng Central Selection – Tel: 011 644 8946
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered