Fine Music Radio FMR Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – FMR
Fine Music Radio FMR Bursary South Africa | Fine Music Radio 101.3 is a community radio station, located in Cape Town, focusing on classical and jazz music. The radio station is committed to delivering a quality listening experience from classical and jazz to outside broadcasts, compelling content and social initiatives.
The FMR Bursary Trust Awards was formed by the Rolf-Stephan Nussbaum Foundation, with the aim of providing funding (scholarships, bursaries and awards) to students studying towards performance and music qualifications.
ABOUT THE FMR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Fine Music Radio is inviting students to apply for the FMR Bursary Trust Awards, for the 2023 academic year..
The bursary will be awarded for studies towards a Performance (Diploma) or Music (Degree) qualification, in the Jazz and Classical (instrumental and vocal) categories.
Zabursaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Fine Music Radio (FMR) Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE FMR BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R60 000.
The panel of judges will choose 3 finalists per category, who will then perform at the Baxter Concert Hall for the final round. The Classical concert will take place on 17 August 2022 and the Jazz concert will take place on 19 August 2022. This concert will be recorded and broadcast later on Fine Music Radio.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FMR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be studying or enrolled to study towards a Performance (Diploma) or Music (Degree), in the Jazz or Classical (instrumental and vocal) categories
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FMR BURSARY
Download and complete the FMR Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Proof of enrolment/ registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- References from your practical lecturer/ teacher (name, contact number and signature)
- Curriculum Vitae or Biography stating your career goals and how you intend on using the bursary award funds
- Audition (to be submitted electronically):
- Provide full details of the tracks submitted in your email body (Title, Composer and Duration)
- Link of audio recordings uploaded to YouTube (minimum 2 contrasting works)
- Audio recordings must be between 10 and 15 minutes in length
- Audio recordings must be clear, with your instrument or voice to the fore, no editing is allowed (does NOT have to be studio quality)
Applications must be submitted by email to Mark Jennings at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “FMR Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FMR BURSARY
22 July 2022 (at 17:00)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Fine Music Radio directly:
Contact Person: Mark Jennings (FMR Station Manager)
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered