Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust Bursary Grant South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN TRUST
The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust was founded in the 1980s by Ethel Eriksen, who donated money towards a postgraduate study grant to help needy students to continue their tertiary studies towards Masters and Doctorate qualifications. For over 20 years, the Trust has assisted students with funding to pursue their dreams.
ABOUT THE ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust are inviting Postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) students, in ANY field of study, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
The Trust awards partial bursaries, to the value of a maximum of R20 000 per annum, which will be paid directly to the university where the applicant is studying.
MORE ABOUT THE ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION PROCESS
All applications are reviewed to ensure all required information has been submitted (incomplete applications are immediately disqualified).
Completed applications are then submitted to the Ernst and Ethel Eriksen Trust Board of Trustees.
Candidates will be informed of the status of their application (whether successful or unsuccessful), by the end of December 2021.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed an Honours degree qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) qualification
- You must be registered or been accepted to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be able to cover the remainder of your study fees, by yourself or with another bursary (which the bursary does not cover)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN BURSARY
Applications must be done online at Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust Bursary Application 2022
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can log in and apply.
Please note the following when applying:
- The application consists of 6 steps – you will only be able to move on to the next step after you have completed the current step.
- You can stop and return your application at any time – however, you need to submit your application by the closing date for it to be accepted.
- After submitting your application, you will not be able to change any information.
- You will need Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, Chrome or Firefox, in order to register.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest university academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of university application, if applied but not yet accepted (on university letterhead)
- Proof of university acceptance, if accepted (on university letterhead)
- Breakdown of the following: your estimated income and expenditure and the total amount you are applying for
- 3 essays (max 1000 words each):
- 1 about yourself, your family, your current circumstances, about you in 3 words, how your friends see you, your passion, your biggest strengths and weaknesses
- 1 about your achievements after Matric and at the tertiary level (including your community service project involvement, committees or organisations you are a member of, leadership positions you have held and how they impacted you and why you chose your current field of study)
- 1 about your future study plans and dreams for the future
- 1 about how you would like to see South Africa in the next decade
- Two academic references – on the EE Trust Reference Form (.pdf)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust directly:
Tel: 083 459 1789
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round