Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust Bursary Grant South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ERNST & ETHEL ERIKSEN TRUST
The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust was founded in the 1980’s by Ethel Eriksen, who donated money towards a postgraduate study grant to help needing students continue their tertiary studies towards Masters and Doctorate qualifications. For over 20 years, the Trust has assisted students with funding to pursue their dreams.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust are awarding study grants for Masters and Doctorate degree qualifications. Bursaries are granted for one year at a time and applicants are required to reapply for funding each year.
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of maximum R20 000 per annum.
Applicants will receive feedback on the status of their application by the end of December.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed an Honours degree qualification
- Studying or intend on studying towards a Masters or Doctorate qualification
- Registered or been accepted to study at a recognised South African university
- Strong academic portfolio
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://www.eriksentrust.co.za/ApplyOnline/tabid/59/ApplyOnline/OnlineApplication/tabid/64/Default.aspx
You will need to Register here: http://www.eriksentrust.co.za/Register/tabid/101/Default.aspxbefore you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest university academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of university application/ proof of university acceptance
- 3 essays (max 1000 words each):
- 1 about yourself, your family, your current circumstances, about you in 3 words, how your friends see you, your passion, your biggest strengths and weaknesses
- 1 about your achievements after Matric and at tertiary level (including your community service project involvement, committees or organisations you are a member of, leadership positions you have held and how they impacted you and why you chose your current field of study)
- 1 about your future study plans and dreams for the future
- 1 about how you would like to see South Africa in the next decade
- Two academic references – on the EE Trust Reference Form (.pdf)
30 September 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust directly:
Tel: 083 459 1789