Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – ELIAS MOTSOALEDI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality was named after Elias Motsoaledi, who was involved in establishing the South African Congress of trade unions. Situated within the Sekhukhune District Municipality of Limpopo, the Municipality was previously known as the Greater Groblersdal Local Municipality and the seat is Groblersdal.
The Municipality’s missions include the following: providing sustainable services; providing public value for money; providing services in a clear and fair manner; ensuring an environment that is conducive to economic growth and job creation; ensuring a democracy by way of public participation and communication.
ABOUT THE ELIAS MOTSOALEDI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme and financial assistance, for the 2024 academic year.
The municipal council will award 2 types of awards, to students residing in the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipal area (Limpopo):
1) Financial study assistance, for registration fees up to a maximum value of R10 000. Bursaries will be awarded for studies in ANY field.
2) Mayor’s bursary, for studies within the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Public Administration/ Management
- Town Planning
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ELIAS MOTSOALEDI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality, in Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric with a strong academic record
- You must intend on studying within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must have been accepted/ provisionally accepted to study at a public institution of higher learning in South Africa (University, University of Technology or TVET College)
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students and students in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ELIAS MOTSOALEDI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.doc)
Alternatively, application forms can also be collected from:
- Main Office (2 Grobler Avenue, Groblersdal, 0470)
- as well as Satellite Offices (in Hlogotlou, Motetema, Roossenekal and Uitspanning) (between 07:30 and 16:15)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality bursary.
Note: candidates must indicate whether they are applying for the full bursary or the registration fee financial assistance on the application form.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent statement of results/ academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance from a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence (endorsed by the Local Municipality)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
Applications must be submitted either of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality
P.O. Box 48
– Hand delivery:
Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality
2 Grobler Avenue
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ELIAS MOTSOALEDI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
19 January 2024 (at 16:15).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Andy Tshehla
Tel: 079 738 9928
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here