Ekapa Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – EKAPA
Ekapa Bursary South Africa| Ekapa is located in Kimberley in the Northern Cape province of South Africa. Ekapa Mining owns Ekapa Resources and Ekapa Minerals. Ekapa Resources owns the underground mining rights and Ekapa Minerals owns the surface mining rights. It is operated as one entity and is made up of 5 units: Joint Shaft, Wesselton, Combined Treatment Plant (CTP), Surface Mining, and Services and Support.
ABOUT THE EKAPA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Ekapa Minerals is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields, to students residing in the Frances Baard Municipality:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and meals or an allowance, annual cash and a travel allowance. Bursary recipients will also receive life skills training if required and partake in compulsory practical vacation work at EKAPA Operations over the December/ January holidays.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 30 days of the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo the recruitment and selection process, which includes a panel interview, pre-screening, profile testing, various assessments, medical clearance, and security clearance.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Ekapa Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EKAPA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the labor-sending area of Frances Baard Municipality, in the Northern Cape province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in your 2nd year of study in 2023
- You must be studying at a University or University of Technology within South Africa (preferably
the University of Witwatersrand, Technikon Witwatersrand, and University of Pretoria)
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to dependents of permanent employees, dependents on Company scholarship programmes as well as individuals from local communities who are South African citizens
- Preference will be given to EE applicants
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EKAPA BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility criteria may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University or University of Technology
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the following reference number in the email subject line: “EKAPA245”).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE EKAPA BURSARY
10 March 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Ekapa directly:
Contact page: https://ekapa.co.za/contact-us/
Please do NOT contact Ekapa if this bursary has already closed.
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.