Eastern Cape Department of Public Works Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EASTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Eastern Cape Department of Public Works Bursary South Africa. The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works (ECDPW) aim to supply high-quality infrastructure services to its residents.
The ECDPW implemented the bursary scheme to promote skill development within fields of study related to Roads and Public Works. This year the department will be awarding bursaries to 40 students who reside within the province of the Eastern Cape. Students must be studying in a field of study that has been recognised as a critical skills area (Engineering, Sciences and related fields).
ABOUT THE ECDPW BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure is inviting students residing within the Eastern Cape province, to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields (which have been identified as “scarce skills” by the department):
- Architecture (BSc)
- Civil Engineering (BSc/ Advanced Diploma)
- Construction Studies (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ Advanced Diploma)
- Interior Design (Advanced Diploma)
- Land Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/ Advanced Diploma)
- Property Studies (BSc)
- Property Valuation (Advanced Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (BSc/ Advanced Diploma)
- Real Estate (Advanced Diploma)
- Structural Engineering (BSc)
- Town Planning (Advanced Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, meals and a living allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ECDPW BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently resident within the Eastern Cape province
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must NOT be currently receiving any other bursary funding
- Students from designated groups are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ECDPW BURSARY
Application forms can be collected from any Eastern Cape Department of Public Works | Infrastructure Head Officer or Regional Office.
ZABusaries will upload the application form here when it is available.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of enrolment or provisional acceptance from a tertiary institution
- Proof of physical home address (letter from Traditional Authority Offices if residing in a village, letter from Municipal Offices if residing in a town, township or farm) (NOT a rates bill or statement of account)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
Note: students must submit their University acceptance or admission letter and end of year results (Matric or tertiary) as soon as received.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Amatola Business Village
The Director: Human Resources Utilisation and Capacity Development
Private Bag X0022
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ECDPW BURSARY
23 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure directly:
Contact Person 1: Mr M Dingwayo
Tel: 040 602 4619
Contact Person 2: Ms SP Khumalo
Tel: 040 602 4761
Contact Person 3: Mr S Manyela
Tel: 040 602 4053
Contact Person 4: Ms Z Mlilo
Tel: 040 602 4122
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December