Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision (DBREV) Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision (DBREV) Scholarship South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – DBREV
The Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision (DBREV) was formed in honour of the late Dr Doug Banks, who was passionate about making a difference in the lives of people, particularly those from communities which lacked basic amenities.
DBREV is an independent trust which awards scholarships for studies within the field of Renewable Energy, Energy Poverty and Energy Access. As a tribute to Dr Doug Banks, the Trust aims to carry out his vision and passion for the provision of renewable energy in order to make a difference to people’s lives.
ABOUT THE DBREV SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS OF STUDY
DBREV is inviting postgraduate students to apply for a scholarship award, for the 2022 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded for studies towards a Masters degree in Renewable and Sustainable Energy studies.
The scholarship will provide financial support and mentorship for 2 years, to assist candidates in changing the energy future of Africa. The scholarship was made possible by DBREV sponsors: Sanedi and Record (Renewable Energy Center of Research & Development).
Funding for the 2nd year of study will be awarded based on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DBREV SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Masters degree in Renewable and Sustainable Energy studies
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have a background in any of these fields: Development Studies, Economics, Engineering, Environment & Geographical Science, Finance or Science
- You must be passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of people in Africa
- You must be passionate about addressing Energy Poverty and Energy Access, by way of energy services provided by Renewable Energy systems
- You must be committed to achieving Sustainable Development Goals and addressing the challenges posed by Climate Change
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DBREV SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at: DBREV Scholarship Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- High School results
- List of awards or prizes received in High School
- Undergraduate/ Postgraduate results (most recent or final results)
- List of awards, prizes, bursaries or scholarships received during tertiary studies
- Motivation about your interest in Renewable Energy: why you are interested in pursuing postgraduate studies in Renewable Energy, especially within a rural African context (maximum 400 words)
- Proof of registration at a university in South Africa, for postgraduate studies in 2022, if available (this is required before funding is awarded)
- Motivation about your interest in Renewable Energy: what you hope to achieve in the Renewable Energy field, focusing on your interests and strengths (maximum 300 words)
- Motivation about your interest in Renewable Energy: any other details you would like to note that will strengthen your scholarship application (maximum 200 words)
- Details about the area of renewable energy you intend to focus on during your postgraduate studies (maximum 200 words)
- Brief Description of Research Project and results received, if applicable (maximum 200 words)
- Curriculum Vitae, if available
- 2 or 3 Letters of reference: from different people in your life that know you in a personal aspect and academic aspect (letters can be uploaded to your online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
APPLICATION NOTES FOR THE DBREV SCHOLARSHIP
- Applicants are encouraged to save their motivational letters in a word document, and thereafter copy and paste the responses in to the application form.
- Applicants must write motivational letters in their own words – do not plaigarise or copy and paste without citing the original source.
- Please ensurwe that you do not exceed the word limit for certain responses as they will not save.
- Ensure that you spend a lot of time and thought on your answers as these will be used in the selection process.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DBREV SCHOLARSHIP
4 October 2021 (at midnight).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Doug Banks Renewable Energy Vision (DBREV) directly:
Tel: 082 928 2682 / 072 738 3268
Contact page: https://www.dougbanks.co.za/contact/