Digby Wells Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DIGBY WELLS
Digby Wells Environmental (Digby Wells) is a leading provider of environmental and social services to the South African and International mineral resources and energy industries.
Digby Wells and Associates (Pty) Ltd was formed by 3 partners, all of whom were from the Environmental Management Department of Rand Mines. The company was formed in 1995 and named after the late Mr Digby Wells, who was a role player in the South African environmental management field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Digby Wells bursary is aimed at ndergraduate (first, second and third year) and Postgraduate students.
The bursary is intended for students who wish to pursue a career in the Environmental Industry and are currently (or intend on) studying within one of the following fields:
- BSc Aquatic Health
- BSc Botany
- BSc Environmental Sciences
- BSc Geography
- BSc Hydrogeology
- BSc Hydrology
- BSc Zoology
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance and a laptop. Students who are to be inducted into the company, will receive paid vacation work, on-site exposure, practical training and mentorship.
Students must be willing to sign an employment contract with Digby Wells before commencing their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic potential
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric or A Levels
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric or A Levels
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric or A Levels
- Studying full time student within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Completed the first year of study in your selected degree
- Wish to pursue a career within the Environmental Industry
- Passionate about working outdoors
- Want to make a difference to the environment
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Digby Wells Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ A level certificate, if completed (certified copy)
- June 2018 academic results or latest results if not studying this year (certified copy)
- 2016 and 2017 academic results (certified copy)
- Full academic record if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Recommendation letter (NOT from a relative or family member)
- Testimonial from an education official (on the application form)
- Essay (on the application form)
30 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Digby Wells directly:
Tel: 011 789 9495
Fax: 011 069 6801
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round